11.

Sha'Carri Richardson
_______

"You know I'm always keeping tabs on you" Jermaine said over the phone, "Bitch when I get out I'm coming straight to you"

"Can you just leave me alone?" I asked genuinely, "Like, I'm begging you"

"I'm finna make your life hell, and you done got me locked up. Oh yeah, it's over for you crazy ass girl"

"Bye Jermaine"

"I dare you to hang up, I'll send somebody to kill you right now. Play with me" he said before I felt my heart start to beat fast, "I know where you at"

I could feel myself having a anxiety attack before I started hyperventilating. What more do this nigga want from me?

I'm so upset because I have no control in this situation. It's literally nothing more that I can do anymore.

What the fuck do I do?

"Oka — okay, I'm sorry" I managed to get out before putting my hand over my heart, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

He was just saying all types of crazy stuff as I tried to calm myself down. It's not working, I wanna throw up.

"My time going out, but hoe when I call you better answer. You hear me, you hear me?"

"Yes, Jermaine" I answered before the phone hung up on me

I just stood there for a second before pacing back and forth. He's not gonna leave me alone unless he's dead.

I'm not gonna get peace unless he's dead. I can't kill him though, I can't.

What if I get somebody to do it?

I cant.

I'm scared.

It took a minute for me to calm myself down, but I did. I convinced myself to go back into A'ja's practice before sitting down.

I was just watching and zoning out from time to time. I was doing perfectly fine before he called, and I let him trip me up again.

Now, I'm back in my deep thoughts and I can't stop them. He's gonna do something to me, and when he does I wanna be with A'ja.

She's gonna protect me, right?

I wanna go back home to see my grandma, but I'm afraid to be left alone. My grandma needs me, but I don't want him to harm her.

He will, I know he will.

"You heard me?" A'ja asked knocking me out of my thoughts

"Um — yeah, yeah" I lied being very confused as to what she said

"Yes or no?" she asked while wiping her sweat away with her towel, "You not listening"

"I'm sorry"

"Stop saying sorry to me, for real. Say sorry when you actually did something"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it" I said before she sighed and brushed me off

"We going to the house so I can shower and stuff. After that the team having a small gathering. You cool with that?"

"I'm fine with whatever, I don't care"

"If you don't feel like being out we can stay in" She said before I shook my head no

"No, I'm being serious. It don't matter to me, I'm cool with whatever"

We left before going back to her apartment and she got in the shower. I took a shower before we went to her practice, so I just changed my clothes.