6.

Sha'Carri Richardson
______

"I know you was with that nigga Jermaine. Sha'Carri a hard head make a soft ass" Teetee continued to go on with her rant

I just sat there listening before she finally stopped.

"Please don't say nothing else, damn. You just gave me a headache"

"Carri I don't care because I told you. You don't listen to nobody" she continued on as I just watched her

Is it that serious?

"I been said I wasn't with Jermaine. Why do you keep saying his name?"

"Because you lying, who was you with"

"I was with A'ja, damn. You're nosy as fuck for no reason" I said as she just sat there with her mouth open

"The basketball player we took a picture with?"

"Yes" I said before gasped and grabbed me, "What?"

"What y'all got going on?"

"Nothing, we're just friends — now leave me alone. You nosy as fuck"

"Carri you better not fall for her trap, and you don't even like women. Like, let's be realistic here"

"We just friends, so shut up with that nagging shit. Teetee I don't wanna hear that no more" I said as she just gave me a shocked look

I turned up the tv in hopes of her not saying anything else. Luckily, she didn't say anything else to me.

She eventually ended up leaving before I got myself together. A'ja is still here, but she's leaving tonight.

She actually stayed longer than she was supposed to. Tonight, we're going bowling and I'm very excited.

I'm so competitive, so she's not winning.

By the time I was finished with everything, A'ja was here. One thing I like about A'ja is, she knows how to be on time.

"Hey, you smell good ma" A'ja complimented me as I got in the car, "You look good too"

"Thank you, you look good too. Who you tryna look good for?"

"You, maybe" she said causing me to laugh, "Fuck it, I'm looking good for you"

"You ain't lie when you said you was vocal" I said as she pulled off

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, I'm just saying. I like that you're vocal, it's a good thing" I said before she looked over at me and nodded

"I want you to be vocal with me how I am with you"

"I am"

"To a certain extent, I wanna know where your head at. I wanna know what you be thinking, you be sugarcoating"

"Because I like to observe, and I don't wanna say nothing out the way. I'm gonna regret it later" she hummed and I snickered a little

"I feel you, that's understandable. Especially cause you just got out a relationship"

"Just give it some time, and you're gonna be telling me I'm too vocal" I said now laughing to myself

She just don't know.

"No, I like that cause it help me understand you more. If you tryna tell me you crazy then I am too"

Oh my gosh.

"I —" I started laughing and eventually she did too. I'm not crazy, I'm literally so laidback.

"You laughing just let me know you crazy"

"No, I don't do all that" I said truthfully before she scoffed, "I'm really not"

"Apart of me believe you cause you so calm. The calm ones be the crazy ones though, you soft spoken too"

We finally made it to the bowling alley, and got settled in. I ordered a drink and something to eat too.

I'm not hungry, but I didn't eat after practice.

"You're a loser" I said to A'ja before sticking my tongue out at her

"It's luck" she said while pushing me back gently, "You got lucky, ma"

"No, you just don't do this bowling stuff for real"

"Watch this" I watched as she grabbed a bowling ball. She approached the lane before throwing it and I just examined.

She knocked over a few pins before I started laughing.

"What is that?" I said while trying to contain my laughter, "You need to let me do it for you"

"No, I'm gone make my comeback"

"You can't it's too late"

"You get a kick out of this shit, it's okay. I wanna see you on the court, ma" she said before my facial expression changed

"Basketball is not my forte, you're — never mind. I wanna see you on the track"

"I use to run track, so I got you" she said before my eyes lit up

"You did?"

"Yeah, but for a week and after that I never went back" she just stood there laughing as I stared at her

"You play too much"

"I'm serious, they wanted me to run around the whole track. I had to get up out of there because no"

We continued on with our game and I won. She wanted to get a rematch, so we played again. The rematch turned into three more games.

Once we was tired of playing, we left. I got hungry again so we got food before making our way inside.

"You got a lot to do when you make it back?" I asked while sitting comfortably on the couch

"Yeah, and I'm not ready"

"What you gotta do?"

"I got workouts early in the morning, some errands after, practice, and some more stuff" she said before I just nodded slowly

"You got a busy day ahead of you, I wish you could stay" I said before she pulled me into a warming hug

"Aw, you gone miss me?"

"A little"

"A lot" she corrected me, "You gotta come to me next time"

"When you want me to come?"

"Whenever you free, you be on the go too" she said before I sighed and just nodded, "You just need to let me know"

"Okay, so let's have a serious conversation" I said before she nodded, "I'm not somebody who catch feelings fast, but you worked your magic"

"I get all my brownie points?"

"You definitely get all your points. I'm not into women, so I'm nervous and don't know what I wanna do"

"If we don't make it to the relationship stage, I won't be mad. If you do commit to me, you won't regret it"

"Life on the other side is like being sentenced to life, I heard" she started laughing which let me know I heard correctly

"It is"

Oh lord help me.

We still have time to get to know each other. I'm not tryna move fast because I haven't moved on fully.

It's not gonna be that easy.

I also wanna make sure this is something I actually want. I'm not tryna do and it's not something I'm sure of.