Awakened Awareness

''One more time, kitten,'' Celeste has just managed to bandage herself up for the third time under Wesker's watchful eye. The training session has consisted of a lot of running, a lot of blood and a lot of slamming against every object of the Treatment Theatre, she even had to use the First Aid spray to get rid of the infection Wesker's attack can cause at times.  The loud noises of machinery make it difficult to know where exactly Wesker's coming from, so she hasn't been doing too well. Each chase has been getting more intense. 

          Wesker gives her half a minute to get away from him and Celeste decides to double back and keep him in her sight at all times. She can feel the tightness in her chest, but, when she sneakily peeks over a ledge to where she last saw Wesker, she realizes her mistake. 

     ''If I catch you, you're getting the Hook, kitten,'' a voice from behind her announces. She doesn't look back and vaults the ledge, running towards a room that she knows could help her lose him. She looks back in time to see Wesker mid lunge and she takes a sharp turn into the hallway. Celeste's ears catch an annoyed groan on the other side of the wall, but she doesn't take any chances. Celeste remembers Wesker telling her that Survivors leave marks when they run, so she takes that chance and slowly walks behind a column, hoping to throw him off her scent. 

          It works for a moment, but when she peaks from behind the column and notices that Wesker has decided to turn back, she starts running, looking behind her and managing to avoid another attack. Celeste gets taken by surprise when Wesker, who had ended up in front of her, makes a sharp turn to face her and she gets thrown almost the whole length of the hallway. To her surprise she's not hurt and now there is a bigger distance between her and her pursuer. 

     ''Not bad, kitten,'' Wesker has already made the distance and gives her a hand up. She feels the little leech like creatures starting to bury themselves in her skin, it makes Celeste cringe and feel slightly nauseous. Wesker points at a crate next to them and she opens it to find the spray that will get rid of the creatures. 

     ''That was better, but you're still scared, why?'' Wesker watches as Celeste sprays herself with the serum. Celeste almost feels like he's displeased at the sight of the leeches disappearing. He removes his sunglasses, Celeste has noticed him do this a lot when interacting with her directly.

     ''I'm not scared,'' the defensive tone betrays her and causes Wesker to chuckle. 

     ''Don't lie to me again, you're an open book.'' Wesker takes a step closer to her, looking down at her with a raised eyebrow. He tilts her head to face him, holding her gaze that betrays her even more. ''Why are you scared?'' 

     ''You have been chasing me from the moment we started this, I haven't had the time to adjust,'' she realizes just how ridiculous it sounds. 

     ''Adrenaline, kitten, use it to work for you,'' Wesker's patience catches Celeste off guard. She expected to be hanging on a Hook and awaiting her death by now. 

     ''I don't know how,'' she utters shakily. ''I can't think straight, I freeze when I am being chased. I always have, even as a kid.'' 

          Wesker places his hand between her breasts, pressing it against her chest, it causes her to take a step back, but some medical equipment keeps her from going further. The top she's wearing causes his hand to touch her skin directly, it's a button-up, tied at her waist, but one of the buttons must have come undone when she got knocked back by Wesker's force. He doesn't take his eyes off her as he takes her hand and places it where his hand was- His hand remains on top of hers and her intrusive thoughts take over at the worst moment. His hand is big compared to hers and it's noticeably hotter than hers. She wonders what it would feel like to be touched by him. Her heart is beating hard in her chest, adrenaline mixed with another unrelenting feeling, that has been lingering close to her skin since she saw Wesker at the beginning of their training session, is making her body so much more sensitive to everything around her.