Chapter 8

( As Varun climbed upstairs, he knocked on Madhuri's room door, and Hanch followed Varun and stood beside him )

VARUN: Atte, Varun here. Open the door.

( He knocked on the door again while lowering his head, and Hanch stood there with his fists on his waist. As Varun continued to knock on the door, Jenna was about to cross them. In that moment, she realized that Varun was coming to comfort Madhuri, not her. Her eyes welled up with tears, and Varun looked at her. She lowered her head and tried to cross him, but he stopped her with his arm )

VARUN: What's the problem between you and Madhuri atte? Why are you hurting her?

( Varun asked her while glaring at her. She looked at him, then looked away, and Hanch stood there, rubbing his forehead stressfully )

JENNA: Ha, I'm hurting her, and she hasn't even hurt me, right?

VARUN: What did she do?

( Jenna rolled her eyes and added )

JENNA: She stole my son from me!

( She wanted to continue talking, but he stopped her by showing his palm to her )

VARUN: Who do you mean, your son?

HANCH: Varun, let's go from here! I think Madhuri atte is ready to sleep

VARUN: Shh, Hanch.

( He glared at Hanch, who lowered his head, and then turned to Jenna )

VARUN: Tell me, who is your son that Madhuri atte stole from you?

( Jenna looked away, wiped her tears, and then Madhuri opened her room door. As Madhuri opened her door, she looked at them in shock. Jenna turned to Madhuri and glared at her, and Varun turned to Madhuri and held her shoulder )

VARUN: Atte, are you okay? Why didn't you open your door?

( He asked softly, looking at her worriedly. Madhuri looked at Varun, lowered her head, and noticed Jenna's glare )

VARUN: Atte, what happened?

( Varun turned to Jenna and glared at her, clenching his jaw )

VARUN: Listen! I'm not your son, and I don't wish to be your youngest child. And you don't deserve to be my mom.

( Madhuri quickly hit Varun's shoulder )

MADHURI: Don't ever dare to say something like that, Varun.

JENNA: Stop acting, Madhuri anni! You're the one who stole my son from me and act--

( Jenna shouted at Madhuri, and Varun shouted )

VARUN: Enough!

JENNA: What do you mean, enough? Are you going to keep saying that you're not my son?

( She shouted at Varun as tears rolled down her eyes, and Hanch held Jenna's shoulder. Madhuri closed her eyes in hurt, and Varun stared at Jenna, smirking )

VARUN: Wow, since when did you start noticing me as your son?

( He inhaled and raised both eyebrows, nodding )

VARUN: Oh yes! Let me tell you, you needed your heirs to be part of the business. So you and Dad can beat Ajay Anna's place and replace him, right?

( He clenched his jaw, and Jenna rolled her eyes. Other family members gathered on the first floor )

AJAY: What happened, Chinnama?

( Madhuri held Varun's arm to stop him )

VARUN: Listen! Since you abandoned me, the only person who understood me was Madhuri atte. And if anyone hurts her, I won't stay quiet. I don't even call her mom, but she does everything I need and crave for. She was there for me when I needed you the most.

( Varun's eyes welled up with tears, and his brothers lowered their heads as he expressed his feelings to his mom. Kalyani held Arjun's hand to control her emotions )

JENNA: I tried every time to be your mom! But I don't understand why you hate me like this.

VARUN: Ask yourself.

PARTH: Stop your nonsense, Varun! It's not Jenna's fault. It's your fault! Who asked you to choose DJ instead of the business? She is a businesswoman. Do you think she has fucking time to assist you? And you can't even fulfill your parents' wish! You don't even--

VARUN: I don't like being in the business, and I'm not interested. Now I don't ask your wife to assist me as a mother. Just please stay away from me and Madhuri atte.

( Varun wrapped his arm around Madhuri's shoulder, and Jenna glared furiously at Madhuri.)

PARTH: You go--

( Sakthi interrupted )

SAKTHI: I understand it's a complicated situation, but if you guys keep arguing, there is no point. In the end, we will all be hurt. Parth and Jenna, I'm sorry for telling you this, but tomorrow you both have an important meeting. It's better to sleep now.

RAHUL: Exactly, we can talk about this matter next time. Hanch, take Madhuri and Varun with you.

( Hanch nodded )

HANCH: Varun, atte, let's go.

( Hanch pulled Varun's hand, but he still stood there. Then Hanch applied a little pressure and took both of them with him into the room, closing the door. Ajay and Shahid headed to Jenna )

AJAY: Come with us, Chinama. Tomorrow you have an important meeting

SHAHID: Yes! Parth chittapa, let's go.

( As everyone left the first floor, Kalyani was left in worry. As Arjun was about to descend the stairs, he looked at Kalyani and headed towards her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder )

ARJUN: Are you okay, Didi?

KALYANI: Yes, but Varun's words make me worry.

( Arjun quickly held Kalyani's head and leaned her head on his shoulder, rubbing her shoulder )

ARJUN: He's a bit emotional today. He will be fine after talking to Madhuri atte. Don't worry, Patti!

( In Madhuri's room, Madhuri and Varun sat on the bed, and Hanch and Raghav sat on the couch )

RAGHAV: Varun, stop worrying and calm down first.

( A tear rolled down Varun's eyes, and as they looked at his tear, they got shocked. Hanch quickly held Varun's hand )

VARUN: I know I was rude today, but I can't stand it if anyone hurts my atte. She is everything to me

( Madhuri turned to Varun, getting emotional as she saw his tear, and immediately hugged him )

MADHURI: No one has hurt me, Varun! Atte is fine. For this small matter, you don't need to cry! Let's just forget this incident and start a fresh day from tomorrow.

( Varun nods while crying. As his emotional state is observed, Hanch also feels his pain and smiles empathetically. Raghav pats Hanch's shoulder, acknowledging the emotional moment. As Varun and Madhuri release their hug, Madhuri places her palm on Varun's cheek and shakes her head )

MADHURI: Don't cry, okay? Let's go to sleep, alright?

( Varun nods with a smile, and Hanch smiles and sighs as he sees the smile on Varun's face. Raghav pats Varun's knee while smiling. Then Varun and Hanch decide to sleep. Both of them bid goodbye and leave Madhuri's room )

Hey guys! How did you find the chapter? If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know and share your opinions in the comment box! Happy reading! ❤️💫