Chapter 38

SHRETHI: Listen! I'm tired of hearing your excuses. This week, you're coming, okay? Good.

( Shrethi descends the staircase while talking on the phone. At that moment, she notices Arjun petting a dog with a smile, one knee on the ground. Shrethi widens her eyes, hangs up the call, and runs to Arjun )

SHRETHI: Hey, whose dog is this?

( Shrethi kneels down, pets the dog, and Arjun smiles and replies )

VARUN: It's Varun's friend's dog! Both of them head to take something in the room while they asked me to watch Jennifer!

SHRETHI: Oh, Jennifer! Nice name, Jennifer. Arjun Anna, please take a pic of us.

ARJUN: Sure!

( Arjun gives a thumbs up, takes his camera, and gets ready to take a picture of them. Shrethi hugs Jennifer and poses )

( As Arjun takes a picture of Shrethi and Jennifer, Hanch, Ajay, Shahid, Vikranth, Shreya, and Kalyani join Shrethi. Arjun looks at them and takes pictures while saying "cheese." Jenna looks at Arjun, rolls her eyes, and heads to the stairs. At that moment, Varun descends from the staircase, stops, looks at Jenna, rolls his eyes, and continues past her as if she doesn't exist. Jenna looks at Varun, sighs, and continues climbing. Varun's friend, Cabir, joins Varun )

VARUN: Oh, taking pictures with Jennifer! Never thought your daughter would become so famous today.

( Varun pats Cabir's shoulder, Cabir laughs, and looks at Shreya petting Jennifer )

SHREYA: Oh god, Cabir, she's so cute... I wish I could have a dog that looks exactly like Jennifer

CABIR: It's already ours, soon we will-

( As he realizes Shreya's brothers are around, he stops and corrects himself )

CABIR: I mean, if it's mine, it belongs to Varun, so of course, she is like she belongs to all of you

( All react with understanding, and Cabir looks at Shreya. She gives him a playful glare, and he looks at Shrethi, who is noticing their interaction with a smirk on her face )

RYA: Oh, the dog looks so cute! Whose is it?

( Rya comes from the kitchen, approaches the dog, and Cabir turns to Rya )

CABIR: It's mine!

HANCH: You know, her name is Jennifer, better than yours, right?

( He says this with a smile, then turns to his brother, Ajay, who gives him a glare. Hanch smirks )

HANCH: Sorry, bad joke, I know.

( He bumps Ajay with his elbow, and Ajay steps back )

AJAY: Don't do it! Stop it.

( Arjun carries Jennifer and blows on her ear. She shakes her head as she feels disturbed )

FEMALE VOICE: Achoo! Please take that away from me!

( As they hear the voice, they furrow their brows and look around, but no one is there. Hanch raises an eyebrow, noticing someone on the sofa )