Chapter 9: Finding Chief

I gathered the rest of the team on another ship. I knew Chief would be mad, but I couldn't let him go alone or be alone with Halsey. I was standing at the front of the ship, looking out. Kai walked up behind me. I asked, "What is it, Kai?" I turned my head to look at her "Are you sure we should be doing this, Y/n?" She seemed hesitant but I smiled and said, "Yes, we need to help Chief as much as possible. He is our Master Chief, after all." Kai nodded and walked away, and I let out a small sigh. 

  We were traveling through hyperspace when suddenly we found ourselves in the middle of an asteroid field. I immediately shouted, "Everyone, take your seats now!" and rushed to the pilot's chair. I quickly maneuvered the ship up and around, skillfully dodging all the rocks. "Can I get a co-pilot here?!" I shouted to my team members. Vannak ran up and jumped into the co-pilot's seat. "I'm here," he said. We got through the field of asteroids, and we all let out a stress-relieving sigh. I put the ship back on auto-pilot "We are good now, we will just let the ship take us there. Get some rest, Thanks Vannak." I said nodding at him "Yeah.." he said walking off. We made it to Eridanus II, We flew around until we saw Master Cheif and Halsey's ship. We landed and got off the ship in full gear, I looked at Kai "Kai." I said turning around "Yes, Y/n?" Kai said standing straight "You, Vannak and Riz go one way..." I started to say turning back around "I'll go this way." I finished saying looking back at them "But Ma'am, that's not protocol." Kai said blatantly. I looked at Kai "Do you want to find Cheif or not....that's right so you three...GO" I said angrily, They all nodded walking in a different direction. I turned around and looked down to see Chief's footprints, I followed them. 

  As I walked through the forest, I could hear voices. I hid behind a tree to find out who was talking. I heard Master Chief talking with Halsey about a dig spot, then Master Chief telling Halsey and the other guy to start digging, I sighed because I knew Master Chief was going to get mad. I heard Master Chief through my helmet "Come out, I know you are there." he said sternly, I sighed closing my eyes "Shit." I said walking out from behind the tree, Halsey scuffed and looked at Chief who was now looking at me "Why are you here, Y/n." Chief asked sternly, I looked over at Halsey, Chief didn't say anything, he walked up to me, taking his helmet off "Take it off.." He said angrily. I took off my helmet and looked at him "Why didn't you stay, I told you to stay. Where are the others." He asked, "I told them to go a different direction." I said back. Master Chief looked away and scuffed "Tell the others to go back to Reach but you....You are staying with me." Chief said turning around and putting his helmet back on. I sighed as he didn't get as mad as I thought he was going to be. I called to the rest of the group telling them to go back to Reach, Master Chief's orders. They took back off to Reach as I stayed back with Chief, Halsey, and the other guy.

   Master Chief looked through a box that had a bunch of drawings in it, I looked in the box containing the pictures "These look like the keystone." I pointed out as Chief looked up at the house "Y/n...On me." Chief said walking up to the house, I put the picture down immediately and followed after him. The house was disintegrating and falling apart, as we walked through the house I could hear Chief talking, I was guessing he was talking to Cortana. Halsey, me, and the other guy were standing watching Chief walk around the house. He was talking to Cortana "Cortana, can you show me what the house used to look like?" Chief asked walking up 4 steps to the kitchen. I took my helmet off, looking around the crumbling house "This doesn't look safe..." I said quietly to myself. I looked back at John who is now walking to a part of the house that was destroyed "CHIEF!" I yelled grabbing the back of his armor keeping him from falling out of the house down a cliff, He looked behind at me "Chief? Are you okay?" I asked, He just looked back at the opening "Cortana, why isn't this in the screening?" Chief asked regaining his balance, I let him go after. I nodded and started to walk away, wondering why he was acting differently with me now. Chief turned around and looked at me as I walked back towards Halsey, He noticed out the corner of his eye something, and he looked towards it to see his younger self and....Halsey!

   I turned around and saw Halsey walking up to Chief who was frozen in place, I slowly followed Halsey "John?" Halsey asked going to touch him but he immediately took his helmet off and looked at Halsey with disbelief and anger. Halsey looked at him "Are you okay John?" Halsey asked as he pushed her aside and walked out of the house, I looked at John walk past me so I looked back at Halsey, suspiciously. I followed Master Chief and stood by him on the porch "Chief?" I lightly asked, He didn't look at me "She was here in my house when I was a kid..." Chief said angrily. I looked at him "I'm sorry Chief." I said getting upset. He looked at me in concern "Follow me..." Chief said grabbing my arm and pulling me with him, I gasped as he pulled me along "Ah, Chief..." I said as he got in the car, and drove off back towards his and Halsey's ship "Chief? We just left Halsey and that other guy back there." I said cautiously.

Thank you for reading, also thank you for almost 1,000 reads. I'm beyond grateful, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Please star and comment if you are enjoying the story. Until Next Time, BYE BYE!!! :)