Chapter 10: Attack On Eridanus II

Chief briefly looked at me and said, "It doesn't matter..." before turning away. I sighed and followed him as we made our way towards the ships. As we stepped out, the rain started to pour down on us. I gasped as a cold drop of water hit me under my eye. Chief turned to me and asked if I was okay. I smiled and reassured him that it was just a raindrop.

    As we were preparing to leave, I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my head. I gasped and fell to my knees, clutching my head. "Y/N!!" Chief yelled, running towards me and kneeling beside me. I shake my head trying to get the pain to go away "Don't do that, you will hurt yourself." Chief said holding the back of my head, I looked at Chief. 

    The sharp pain came back as I gasped in pain, and then a loud shot came from where Halsey and the one guy were. I looked at Chief and nodded "I'll catch up, go find out what that was.." As Chief looked down at me, I smiled lightly as Chief took his helmet off "Chief?" I said questioningly, he lightly put his hands on each side of my face. I blushed lightly as he leaned down and gave me a lightly passionate kiss, I kissed him back, and as he pulled back he looked dead at me "Don't be too long..." Chief said as I lightly nodded "Okay...Be careful." I said as I sat down, Chief smiled as he put his helmet back on "I'm Master Chief....I'm always careful." Chief said as he jumped into the vehicle and drove away.

--------------

    Chief pulls up to Halsey, getting out and drawing his weapon "What happened?" Chief said with no emotion, Halsey walked up to him "Now that I have you here..." Halsey started to say but Chief cut her off as he looked at her "You mean to tell me that I left Y/n back there by herself....." Chief started to say but stopped "Oh shit..." Chief said as he turned around and looked up, A Covenant ship started to come down, dropping aliens down around me. I looked around at the Covenant as I slowly put my helmet on "Okay...Let's fight." I said quickly grabbing my weapon and shooting at them. Chief heard the shooting and quickly started to run "You guys stay here!" Chief yelled, I killed all of them before Chief got to me "Y/n!" Chief yelled as he ran up. 

    I looked towards Chief as I breathed heavily "Chief....Run...GO!" I yelled as more Covenant ships and more Covenant forces came down, I looked at Chief again "GO! I'll hold them off, Get Halsey and the other guy out of here." I yelled as I grabbed one of the Covenant plasma swords and cut off one of the Covenant's heads. Chief looked at me and nodded "Be safe." He said as he went running off. 

Chief's POV 

   I ran to Halsey and her assistant "We got to go, Covenant is here." Chief said hopping into the car but looking at the box again, I got out and looked into the box again, A flashback happened, I saw myself as a kid running with what I think was my dog, and we got to a big hole in the ground. I came back " I remember where the other artifact is..." I said jumping back into the car, driving off. 

Y/n's POV  

    I fought off every single one of the Covenant aliens, I sighed and sat down as the ships left. I thought to myself "They will be back, with more.". I page myself to Chief "Chief? Can you hear me?" I said through my helmet. Nothing came back at first then I heard his voice "Y/n? Are you safe." Chief asked as he dropped down into a hole in the ground. I looked around "Where are you, there will be more coming back." I said worryingly. I knew what the Covenant was saying in their language which scared me, I didn't know that I knew their language. Chief stopped and looked at the big artifact, Chief told me how to get to where they were. I ran there as fast as I could, I came up across a hole in the ground, and I smiled and dropped down "Chief?" I said "Over here Y/n." Chief said as he walked from around a pillar. I raised my eyebrows when I saw him, I took my helmet off and walked over to him. 

   I saw a tall object in what looked like a big crystal, I pointed to the big object "Is that..." I started to say but Chief cut me off "Yes, that's the other part of the smaller one." Chief said. I took a deep breath, turned, and looked at it "I bet that could knock me out in seconds." I said looking up at Chief. Chief and I stood there as Halsey walked up "Chief, Y/n. I want you two to stay away from the artifact until I'm sure it won't cause any harm." Halsey said.

  I didn't say anything to Halsey and neither did Chief, we just looked at the Artifact. Halsey sighed and walked away. I took a deep breath, We heard a loud explosion so Chief and I looked behind us and then looked at each other "Go..." Chief said nodding. I nodded and put my helmet back on as I ran off, grabbing my gun. I get to where the UNSC set up their expansion. I looked around, and Kai, Riz, and Vannik came running over "Did you hear that also.." Riz asked looking towards me. I nodded "Yeah, we heard it. Chief is staying by the Artifact. He left me in charge out here. Let's find out what that was." I said running towards the set up camp. As we were running I happened to look up "STOP!!" I yelled stopping to a halt. I looked at the large ship coming right for us "Oh shit..." I said looking down towards the camp "RUN, GET UP." I yelled running towards the camp.

 Thank you for reading, and thank you so much for over 2K reads that's amazing. I did not expect this book to do so well and that's all thanks to you guys so thank you so much again. Please like, comment, and star, I would appreciate it. Until Next Time, BYE BYE!!! :)