Chapter 6

Chase:(っ◔◡◔)っ♥

I know I shouldn’t do this anymore, but only this once. Last time.

I spotted the door to the washroom but there was a couple blocking it. I walked over, trying to look casual.

“Get a room, guys.” I said as I stumbled towards them. God, I wish I hadn’t drunk that much.

They groaned but moved.

There was a light on in the washroom. They probably just left it on, I thought.

I shoved open the door to the sound of someone retching. Ugh. I felt like I was going to puke any second as well.

A girl in a black dress was sitting on her knees with her head turned over the bathtub.

Aww, poor girly, I thought. I leaned down and pulled her long hair back.

Ella: ♥ (ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I felt tears glisten under my eyelids. Not because I was crying, but because I was puking like there was no tomorrow.

Somebody pulled my hair back, and instantly I thought of a rapist. What if it were some guys, who’d locked the washroom door so they could do unspeakable things to me? Then I realized I didn’t care. Actually, I would sort of be happy. I would have a solid-er reason to…

Yeah. I don’t know. I felt like I wanted to give up. Why was it, that in my life all things that happened were bad? I don’t get it. Why was it that unless you’re pretty, popular or dead, nobody gave a damn about you?

I don’t want to think about it. It drains me of energy; something I don’t have a lot of anymore.

My puking session was finally finishing up. I didn’t open my eyes, just sighed and leaned my back against the wall closest to the bathtub.

Chase:(っ◔◡◔)っ♥

It’s Ella!

That was my first thought.

What was my second? She looked like a mirror image of what I felt.

I inhaled sharply, causing Ella’s eyes to blink open. Her mascara was probably waterproof but it was still a bit smudged.

She looked so tired.

“Hey,” I said. I needed to do what I was here for, and to do that I needed Ella not here.

“Hi,” She said quietly.

I reached down and pulled her sleeve back up her arm, letting my hand linger there for an extra second.

“I don’t assume you’re here to puke, too,” She asked, sitting on the edge of the bathtub now.

I turned to face her and gave a nervous laugh. “No.” Something worse, I thought.

Ella stood up, folding her hands together behind her back. She looked so innocent. Stop it, I thought to myself. You sound like an obsessed teen. Shut up, Chase.

“Yeah, I’d better go, I need to check up on Ryan…” She made a move towards the door.

“Yeah, okay. See you later?”

“See you later.” She said, walking out the door. I noticed she was wearing a pair of Chuck Taylors instead of her heels.

Wonder what that was about.

Ella: ♥ (ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

That was weird, I thought to my drunken mind. Normally, Chase isn’t all nice and sweet. He is jerky and funny. He is tease-y and player-y.