E I G H T

- Nithya's Pov -

" So, what did you find? Woh professor ka kuch patha chala? " I inquired while waiting for my sandwich. We are sitting at the canteen, while they are in the meeting.

" That grumpy arse, I am telling you if he wasn't your boss, I would've smacked his head. " She has been rambling the same thing since they returned. They seem to get along with each other so well.

( Get the sarcasm)

"Bitch, answer the question." I am hungry and tired, can't expect anything good to come out of my mouth " Ok Ok, it seems he is on leave, which is strange obviously and when I asked Lila, she said that he went on some family emergency and would take some time to be back." She said.

" Hah! Family emergency " I snorted,
" And I sent Devyansh to talk to Darcy, he said that she has no idea about where he went, and he didn't ask regarding the pendrive cause that would make it too obvious na," Vidya said and I nodded.

We are back to square one, the professor is not present and we don't know where he went or how to find him. This is consuming too much of my thinking capacity and my stomach is just rumbling.

" You look like a pig on the verge of death, what's the matter? " Did she just call me a pig, that was too polite of her.

" Well, the gentleman that I was with was kind enough to let me work till we were almost done with the app demo, and because of that, I didn't get to eat. I am dying. " I get all grumpy when it comes to my love, Food.

" Abey dramebaaz, you're not gonna die if you skip a meal and woh sandwich bhi ready hogaya ig ayega have some patience. So, how did you manage to make the app ithne kum time mein? " She asks me questions when I don't even have the energy.

" We didn't make the whole app, agar pura app banana hai tho it will take months and the specifications, uska code phirse from the scratch karna padega which is not easy. " Before I could continue someone called our order number, so I decided not to waste a single minute and went to get my sandwich.

" Ok, where was I " I asked Vidya while settling the tray on the table.
" App specifications kuch bolri thi "
Then I continued "Haan so, woh sab nahi hopayega isiliye they need the entire code jo woh pendrive mein hai. We just made a demo and a few front-end bits bas unko dikhane ke liye. I still don't understand, how they can be so careless. " After I was done with the explanation I started eating my sandwich.. so yummy.

" This is so delicious dude! " I exclaimed " You are hungry arsehole of course it will be delicious now, eat it in peace" She knows me so well.

" Waise, what's up with these nicknames for Devyansh sir? I am sensing something something " I can't let go of this chance to tease her, she used to always tease me when we were young and I had a crush on some of the guys "Shut up, Nothing is going on, it's the complete opposite of what you're thinking. I can't stand him hence, the nicknames and We were just bickering the whole time."
she just spoiled the whole story that I was narrating in my head "Well, I sense the trope of enemies to lovers, I will be cheering for you though, just saying " As I said it, she hit me right on my head.

" You deserved that, " she said while laughing " You.." before I could continue someone interrupted us.

"Uh Ma'am, the meeting is done and sir said that you guys can leave," it was Rahul, "How did the meeting go? All good?" Vidya asked him, he was silent for a while and said "It went well Ms.Khanna" Something felt off.

"Ok, then chalo Vidya, we will go." I collected my things and we were on our way back to the apartment.

"Kya hua? Uthna kya sochri?" Vidya asked while sitting on the sofa "Kuch nahi bas humare side se problem clear hua na wahi sochri thi, at least I didn't lose my job" I said, I didn't mention the part where I felt something was off because maybe it's just my hunch.

"Yeah, pura ulta pulta hogaya in a matter of days. I think now, I have to search for a part-time job" Vidya said, I looked at her and asked her to continue.

"After all that pendrive adventure, I don't think he forwarded my file for the scholarship, although I think some other department will take care but I am not sure." A part of me feels guilty for putting her through this.

"I am sorry Vidu, I shouldn't have agreed to take the pendrive. I thought maybe this was my opportunity and I could use this but I didn't think this would happen" I apologized, while I knew she would not blame me or anything.

"Dude shut up, Ithna senti math bann, if it was destined to happen that way then we can't help it, anyway part-time job mila tho it will be like an experience for me," Vidya said, and I expected that.

"Chalo I am going to sleep, I am super tired, that guy made me search almost everywhere for that professor and I like neither of them, hah" I laughed looking at her scrunch her nose, they are gonna have nightmares.

------------------------

- Vidya's Pov -

"Nithya, I am leaving, and haan mujhe der hojayega aane mein," I say and leave in a rush to reach the college in time.

The traffic is worse today, patha nahi kiska chera dekh liya subha utke.

--------------------------

"You were so lucky that the professor was late today or else you know how she is," Ria said, we left the class and were on our way to the library to do the assignment.

"Yeah definitely hit a bonsai on that one, but isn't it funny that even after coming late, she gives a lecture to others about the time and its importance" I admitted though I should be thankful for whatever factor that is, which made her late.

"Hey Ria, do you know any cafe or store nearby where I can get a part-time job," I asked Ria as we settled ourselves on the chair.

"Uhm," she thought for a while and said " Wait, my uncle opened a cafe nearby, well not exactly it's a bit far, he said he was looking for part-timers if that's ok with you then I can talk to him, and arrange a meet up" I squealed hearing her response " That would be perfect, Thank you so much, Ria" I thanked her with a huge smile.

"I Will talk to him and text you the details" I nodded.

"SILENCE" the librarian shouted, we laughed looking at each other, and continued with our work.

Happy reading guys :)

Do vote and let me know your thoughts.