S I X

- Vidya's pov -

I was rushing to the office where Nithya told me to come and for this, I had to skip my classes.
On reaching her office I got a good look at it and that's a freaking burj khalifa! maybe I am exaggerating a bit but damn that's big.

I went inside and asked the receptionist about the floor. She did some confirmation and then guided me on which floor to go.

I went towards the lift and one on the left was lined with people and another one on the right was empty so I was entering into the second one just then a guy bumped into me, as he was also trying to enter the lift at the same time. I had a quick look at the guy and...

( oh la la someone's in good luck today.)
There goes my consciousness. Yeah yeah enjoy the view while you can, he sure is handsome and I forgot that I was staring at him as he raised his eyebrow. Shit way to embarrass myself.

" Um sorry do you work here," I asked him looking at the sign on the lift that said, " Not for employees ". He hummed and entered the lift, oh well now if he can use it so can I. He was busy on his phone and I pity the person who is hearing all these curses.

I heard a ding sound indicating that I reached the floor and strangely he hadn't gotten out on any of the floors before I could move he left as if his house was on fire. Slowly, I made my way to the cabin where the receptionist had told me to go.

" Vidu, here!" Nithya waved at me and looking at her I went towards where she was sitting. I was going to ask her what she was doing sitting here but then a guy called out "Sir is calling for you Ms. Mehra and you too. I am sorry I don't know your name "Well I just nodded saying that it's ok.

We followed him into the cabin only to find two guys discussing something very seriously. I blurted out as soon as I recognized one of them " Oh the lift guy! " Nithya slapped my arm and that's when it hit me that I said it out loud. I mumbled a small sorry as Mr. Angry Bird was glaring at me and whispered to Nithya asking her who they were.

" They are the CEOs of this company, who gave us the design contract. Well, technically we work under them. The one on the left is Devyansh Varma and the one on the right is Aditya Khuranna with whom I talked earlier" she said I widened my eyes when she said that the lift guy is a freaking CEO and I asked him if he was working here. Also not to forget the staring part, Ughh!

By the way, Should I address him as sir? Cause I don't work here or should I call him Devyansh but that would be too informal and long. Fish it! Not the main issue.

Aditya whose name I got to know a few min back cleared his throat and we were now facing them.

Mr. Handsome decided to speak after a moment of silence " I can't believe the situation we are in right now because of you two." He sighed and continued "If I am losing the investors then you both are gonna face the consequences and I don't care if you work here or not " he pointed his finger at us and I gulped looking at Nithya.

Aditya spoke up and that's when I got a clear look at him damn what's with these two, blessed by the god of good looks or what, Mr. Handsome has a different aura to him though.

" Dev, I think there's a way. We have the project draft saved, if somehow we can postpone the meeting to the evening then she can make the changes to the design in the front end for now. We also need to find the pendrive before someone can hack and remove the lock." I didn't understand much but it seems like he is a sorted-out person with fewer anger issues compared to Mr.Devyansh

" There's no option left, I will talk to the investors. Now you both start working on the design " he said pointing at Nithya, she looked at me and then at him and spoke " But sir I am just a beginner. I don't know If I can handle such a big task" she has a point.

" Since you messed up then you need to take the responsibility as well. There's no other option because no one should know about this issue " Aditya spoke up and we had nothing in our defense to argue so, Nithya nodded.

Mr. Grumpy, I keep coming up with good names for him. Anyways he was now looking at me" You are coming with me. We are going to your college and you'll show me whoever that professor is " he said and was moving towards the door without my response.
Chivalry is dead I am telling you. No opinion needed!?

I went behind him and said " Um excuse me, Why do I have to tag along? I don't think there's a need and also you could've asked my opinion." He folded his hands looking at me and spoke " Do you think I know how he looks or Do you have his photo? No Right. So, If your doubts are cleared shall we leave? See you and your friend caused us this trouble so I don't think there's time for taking opinion." That hurt my consciousness and this guy makes it look as if we purposely gave the pendrive.

I said ok and after talking to Nithya we were about to leave but then he stopped while holding onto the door handle and facing Nithya, he asked her "Miss Mehra, how did you know that both of your pen drives were swapped. You said they looked the same right. Did you try looking into it?" he is doubting us now, great.

"Mr.Verma If she wanted to steal your pendrive then why would she come here and tell you everything? By the way, you said there's a lock to the files right, what would she do using it? " I said defending Nithya.

" See Miss..." He stressed asking for my name " Vidya Khanna," I said after which he continued " Okay see Ms. Khanna. It may hurt your ego but let me tell you it doesn't matter and what does is getting this deal. If you think we will trust you blindly then you're wrong, not everyone is saints and angels. So, tell me Ms. Mehra" he is right they wanted their pendrive back and we want to get out of this issue but * sigh*. I looked at Nithya feeling bad for not being able to do anything and she looked stressed.

" Sir I understand why you're doubting us but you also need to understand that there's no need for me to do that and coming to your question, I didn't look into it because I wanted to. While I was in the washroom someone connected the pen drive to my laptop and by the time I came back I saw Vidya's project intro, that's when I realized our pen drives got exchanged" Nithya said and I looked at him waiting for his response after doubting her.

Aditya spoke up " Looks like something is happening behind our back Dev and we might have to trust them for now. Find out who that professor is and send his picture to Arjun, he will help us in getting the information." He said and Mr. Grumpy nodded.
" No one should know about the pen drive being stolen. Miss Mehra act as if you've given us the pen drive and if you find anything weird inform us " he added and left.
This guy better be kidding.
I am not going. Minimum respect tho chahiye. Just then he came back and asked me if I was coming or not. Who was I waiting for? You're athma?! I thought and went behind.

He pressed the button and we were waiting for the lift. The lift doors opened, and I was about to step forward when he bent to my level and whispered near my ears " Do read the whole thing before you enter Ms. Khanna." Boy, that gave me goosebumps and got me glued to the spot wondering what he meant.

I looked at the same sign that I read before coming up and there was something written below it

" Not for employees
Only for CEOs and related"

Ok, I was the one who entered the wrong lift. I was so busy looking at the sign that I forgot the lift doors were closing.

He did this on purpose. Asshole!
I couldn't wait for the lift to come up again so I made my way to the other one and luckily it was not as packed as it was before.

Happy reading guys.. :)