O N E

- Nithya's Pov -

Today is my birthday, but the thing is, most of the day I was busy doing the paperwork for my job. Well, what a great way to celebrate!!🫠*sigh*.
Anyway, let's not be depressed. CHEER UP, Nithya! You have to order a cake, and everyone must be waiting for the call. 

I checked my phone for any messages or calls, but none. Now, that's weird(🧐) by this time she should've texted or called me like she does all the time. I'm gonna have to talk to her later or maybe not, HOW DARE SHE FORGET MY BIRTHDAY!!!, I know it sounds childish but staying away from them, means a lot, putting all the thoughts aside I ordered a cake from the local cafe which I love. They have some of the best pastries(🤤) and it's quite close too, so what more do I need?

OH YEAH, till the order arrives, Why don't I introduce myself?

Hey everyone, this is Me Aka NITHYA MEHRA. At present, I live in an apartment in Melbourne, Australia. I came here to complete my course in UX/UI designing and after 6 months of internship and a while of searching for a job I finally got into the "APEX CORP" which is basically under the
"AD GROUP" they are sort of a big thing here. It's been around 2 years since I've started living alone and no matter how much I get used to the lifestyle here, I still miss my home and my people back in India.

My introduction was interrupted by the ring of the doorbell, I guess the cake is here.

I quickly rushed to the door and opened it, only to see no one. I called out thinking that the delivery guy might've gone to the wrong flat but no response so, I closed the door and sat down on the couch.
Again the bell rang, In irritation I opened the door and this time I was greeted by a girl with a cloth wrapped around her face and a box in her hand which I am assuming was the cake. Strange, How did the delivery guy who spoke to me earlier turn into a girl in this gap??

" Um thank you.. " I extended my hands to take the cake but that girl out of nowhere slapped the cake onto my face ahaa.

"HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY MY DARLING!!!" she shouted while giggling at her antics.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU GIRL?? KYA HAI YEH ..THIS IS MADNESS!" I was shouting while removing the cream from my face but then I got a clear view of this idiot. I was shook and without wasting any more time I went for a bone-crushing 🫂.

"I am giving you this surprise to make you happy, Idiot, not to kill me. Let me breathe!!" she said while gasping for air.
I couldn't hold in, and that's it. I cried like a small girl who saw her mom after her first day in school.

" Shh shh, Don't, or else I will start with my waterworks, and this isn't time for that remember, WE STILL NEED TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!" Saying this she hugged me.

We sat for a while, and finally, after calming myself down, I started asking her the questions that popped into my mind.

"How? Why? I mean you and here kaise?? " I asked using the little part of my brain that was working. I just blabber things when my brain isn't in the right state, which is now.

" OUCH! I am hurt, this is your first question seriously!" she said placing her hand on her chest. This girl and her drama..😂

"ABEY! Tell me" I asked looking at her sternly. " Fine, I didn't want to tell you this yet, but Yeah I applied to do Masters in The University Of Melbourne, and guess what I got in!! Crazy right!" She clapped her hand in excitement and continued"There is still some time for the semester to start but I came early so that I could surprise you."

"You didn't think you should've told me this earlier. FOR GOD'S SAKE, YOU ARE GOING TO DO YOUR MASTERS VIDUU, AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS?!" I was upset with her for not telling me such a big thing.

"I would've, but all of this happened so quickly that I didn't get to tell you, and I didn't want to give you expectations just yet. You were already so stressed about the job, baba. You know Ma and Papa were happy, but at the same time they were worried about me living alone, so I wasn't sure about this, but then I told them that I would be able to survive on my own and complete my master, and also that you're going to be there with me, so that kind of helped me to convince them. Now, PLSEEE!! Tera birthday hai yar, let's not fight, naaa." Saying this, she picked up my phone, and slowly peeking in, I see that she is placing an order for the cake again.

Well, she is right this is not the time for us to fight, I decided to give her some time. " Fine, Though I am upset with you for not telling me this before still, I am very proud of you Vidu. That was the best surprise by the way "Saying this I sat beside her and gave a side hug.

As soon as the order was placed, Vidya shooed me into the room telling me to dress up while she would freshen up in the spare bathroom.
After a while, I got into this beautiful navy blue Anarkali and then placed the dupatta that came along with it on my shoulder, I paired it with some silver earrings and bangles, leaving the hair open, finally, I was ready and also late.

I rushed to the living room where Vidya was all done with the setup. Damn, this girl is fast.

Finally, it was time for the celebration. While, Vidya was busy calling mumma, papa, uncle, and aunty, I went to bring the cake and then put it on the table.

" Tune mummy papa ko bhi bol Diya that you're coming here" I whispered to her while all four of them were busy discussing. "Obvio I told them and also asked them not to tell you about the surprise 🫢" she said in the same tone.

"What about that guy, any response? " I asked her hoping that at least he might've talked to her.

" These girls udhar bhi khus phus, you can talk all you want beta, humein bhi bathao zara," Uncle said while laughing and we all joined.

" Chalo Nithya cut the cake beta, hum thab se wait karre the," said Mumma, and Aunty added, " Yeh dono ek jaga haina, Why will they remember us, Rohini".

"Aunty I may forget this girl but Aapko kaise," I said winking at Aunty. " Now, this is greatt! Surprise meri and credit mummy ko. This is not fair yaar!!" she whined. We all laughed and then Vidya lit the candles.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NITHYA!!!!" All said in unison the happiness I felt in that moment is something I can't express. I thanked them while Vidya fed me the cake.

They asked me about the job and How I was doing, after talking for a couple of minutes, we bid each other bye. It was finally time for me and Vidya to catch up💃.

God knows after how much gossiping and laughing we slept. I am happy with this change.

Happy reading guys :)