T E N

- Author's Pov -

As soon as Vidya reached their apartment, she was bombarded with questions and if she told Nithya about whatever happened at the ice cream store then she would go crazy so, Vidya thought it would be best to remain silent until Aditya apologized to her.

"What The!" Vidya exclaimed looking at the bowls arranged on the dining table "Did you cook?" She added and on the other hand, Nithya was shooting daggers at her.

" Someone had to cook! It is now 10:30, when would you cook and when shall we eat huh " You don't wanna mess with a hungry Nithya, she could murder someone and feel no sense of remorse.

Vidya just nodded and to cool her down she had to use her ultimate weapon THE ICE CREAM ( dramatic music ). She dangled the perfectly wrapped boxes in front of Nithya, while trying to hold back the temptation Nithya looked everywhere and acted as if she hadn't seen the boxes.

" You know what Fuck it, Maaf Kardiya" Vidya giggled at her response, that is how the war was subsided and now they were having their dinner in peace until Nithya remembered something and asked in between her chewing "Waise, hwo werew yuo tawlking to?" Vidya choked on her food and quickly gulped down the whole glass of water which only raised her suspicion.

" Kuch nahi bas I bumped into some guys aathe wakth aur phone girthe wakth one of them caught it so you heard their voices " Vidya replied and continued with her eating " Sachi?" Nithya dragged the word " Haan re Sachi, whatever I said is true, Happy? "  Vidya responded and whatever she said was indeed true so, there's no lying is what she thought. She mentally thanked that Nithya didn't remember the part where she said their names.

" I feel like I am forgetting something. " Nithya said in between again, after a while of thinking she said "Oh yeah I remember " 'Shit' Vidya mumbled to herself and asked " Kya Yaad agaya? "

" Tera part-time ka kya hua? You brought Ice cream suddenly so I am guessing you got the job " Nithya asked and looked at Vidya waiting for her confirmation.

Vidya sighed and responded " Yes, Yes, I did get the job " Both of them squealed, and during the rest of the dinner Vidya shared about the cafe, Uncle James, and Aunt Tara.

Taking their respective flavor of ice cream, they settled on the sofa, sprawled their legs to the opposite sides, and played a movie.

"And haan, you have to come to the cafe someday it's beautiful and There's a bookshelf too" Vidya spoke wiggling the spoon in her hand and eyes still facing the TV.

" Bookshelf!! Gosh Vidya you are so damn lucky. I will let you know when I get a day off " Nithya said facing Vidya, after giving a nod they turned towards the TV.

"Phoooo, phoooo" Hearing the constant sound of blowing Vidya looked beside to witness the craziest shit.

" Not this again, Bro what are you doing? " Vidya asked

" Yeh Ice cream is too cool "
'thud' Vidya whacked Nithya's head to knock some sense into her mind.

"Ow, that hurts" Nithya whined.

"An 8-year-old will be smarter than you, that's an ice cream and not a soup arsehole. Phoo karne se it doesn't melt "

" Oh haha Yeah no, how can I be so dumb but patha hai na I do it out of habit " Nithya nervously laughed and continued watching the series ignoring the dumb stuff she just did.

" God is seriously testing my patience with you " Vidya mumbled controlling herself from giving another whack.

-----------------------------------

In the car

" Aren't you getting quite close to her kuch jyada hi jaldi " Dev questioned while driving
" Agar unko patha chalgaya what happened then you know kithna bada problem hoga and we acted like jerks " Aditya exclaimed facing Dev, they both know that they overdid it but it had to be done.