T W O

- Vidya's pov -

After 3 Months

This lazy arse is always late. "ABEY UTT MERI MAA!! you do realize that terko office jana hai. It's no more work from home." I shouted hoping that this would reach her ears but who am I kidding?

" Haan Haan, I am awake now, Happy!" said Nithya yawning🥱.
" Well, say the same thing after looking at the time" I replied, and in a flash, she ran back to her room to freshen up.

I sat back on the couch recollecting all the things that we did and one thing's for sure, the past 3 months were indeed blissful🤌. When I got to know that Nithya's work starts after 3 months and till then it's like a training period, I was on cloud 9. We got to spend a lot of time together and finally, MY COLLEGE STARTS FROM TODAY!!! (I am a bit too excited) and at the same time, Nithya officially starts her 1st day at the office today. It started a few days back but she postponed it waiting for a good day. (just Indian things🤷)

"OH MADAM! Where are you lost?" called out Nithya, while sitting at the dining table. "Chalo let's have breakfast late hojayega" she added.

I did the same thing and now, we were having breakfast in complete silence until Nithya spoke up "So, nervous huh? I know it's new and all but you'll be fine cause I will be there to help you na so, chill and haan All The Best!" she said trying to cheer me up and it was working.

"Aww how sweet, but first don't you think you're the one who's gonna need help," I said trying to suppress my laugh. "Hein, Why me?" She said frowning.

( Yeah yeah use that little time left in thinking)
That's my subconscious.

" SHIT! SHIT! Zindagi mein kabhi early nahi ja Sakthi" she said running towards the shoe rack and here I am enjoying her falling left and right while struggling to wear the shoes properly🤣.

" Jyada hasna math jab tuje job milegi na thab bataungi," she said after finally wearing her shoes.

I hummed in response and she left taking her bag as her cab arrived. It's almost time so, I left for college as well.

About 25 min later I reached and directly went towards the Admin block to collect my class schedule and locker keys.

" Um! Hello, This is Vidya Khanna, a New joiner and I am majoring in ARCHITECTURE. Can I get my class schedule and also the locker keys" I asked a middle-aged woman sitting at the reception.

" Oh! Hello dear, this is Lara. Let me check your details." I waited for a few minutes. "Here you go, your schedule and these are the locker keys. All the best on your first day" she said with a warm smile." Thank you" I replied mirroring her smile.

I was about to walk away but, then I frowned as I didn't know where to go and just when I was thinking of what to do, I came across a bracelet on the ground and thinking that someone must have lost it, I picked it up so that I could give it to Lara, Incase someone might come asking for it.

When I reached the desk I saw a girl talking to her.

" Do you need anything else dear?" Lara asked while facing me and I was looking at the girl who seemed tensed for some reason.
"This is Ria, she happened to lose something. Anyways you have anything to ask me?" she said while pointing at the girl and then facing me. The girl had brownish hair and blue eyes which complemented her quite well.

I turned towards Lara putting forward my hand to give her the bracelet, but then Ria snatched the bracelet before I could give it to Lara.

"Um! I found this bracelet in the hallway, is it yours?" I asked.
She was beaming with joy and said " YEAH! This is mine. I can't thank you enough. I was so scared that I lost it and was asking Lara " She sighed in relief.

" I am happy that you got it back and I would love to talk more but I need to find where my class is so, see you later," I replied and went from there.

"Wait, I am familiar with the way here, What is your major? I can help you in finding your class," she said while coming after me. I told her that I am majoring in Architecture to which she replied that she is also in the same major.

" I feel like this is destiny, don't you think so? Okay, Then let's go to the classes together, shall we," she walked ahead and asked me to come along.

" Haha Yeah, also how are you familiar with the classes already, I mean aren't we in the same year," I asked wondering If I missed anything. " Well, I stay in the dorm so, we have a campus tour at the time of move-in" Hearing this I nod.

After a while, we reach the class and it's huge would be an understatement. We looked around and found a few empty seats at the back so we settled ourselves there, Just like that the classes went on quite smoothly one after another and it was finally time for lunch.

We go to the canteen to get back the energy for the rest of the classes but to be honest the food is a bit bland, anyways there's nothing much that can be done so, I load the dishes with all the seasoning I can find on the table.
Me and Ria share things about each other, Though Ria looks like she doesn't talk much, she is very much fun to talk to.
Looking at the time we rush back for another class.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Nithya's Pov

By the time I reached the office, I was panting so badly that I might collapse.

Gee thanks to my bad luck, I am never on time to school, college, and now to office.

I went towards the receptionist and gave her my file, which she verified and told me that the Manager had asked for me 10 min back (Shit! There goes my first impression). She then showed me the way to the Manager's cabin.

I went inside and introduced myself to her though she knew me.

"Good Morning ma'am, This is Nithya Mehra. Nice to meet you in person. "

" Good Morning Miss Mehra and it's good to meet you in person as well. I welcome you to the 'Apex Corp'." she said.

" Thank you Mrs jones, I will put all my efforts into the work " I replied maintaining a formal tone.

" That's good to hear Miss Mehra but let me also tell you we don't handle tardiness, Since this is your first day I can excuse you. I will call George, he is your team head and will guide you further," she said while calling for someone on the intercom after saying thank you I took the ID card that she placed on the table but then my hand hit the cup beside it.

And... what else will happen next, My hand hit the cup and it fell, looking at it she gave an expression that sort of was like she was having second thoughts about hiring me.

" It's OK I will handle this, you can leave. " well that's a sweet way of saying get out.

There goes my second impression...

By the time I came out, a guy was coming towards the cabin. He seemed like a nice guy.

" You must be George right." I asked just to be sure " Yeah, and You must be the one for whom Miss Jones called me" he replied.

" Yeah, You can call me Nithya " I gave a small intro which is just my name.

" Nice to meet you Nithya and as your team head I Welcome you to the team " he winked, he spelled my name wrong but I can't blame them for that.

Later on, I followed him to my desk and throughout the day I didn't have much work to do other than trying to get familiar with the people and the office space. It was a good experience.

Happy reading guys :)