Chapter 8

"You guys will be staying in Colby's old room." His mom showed us to the room and I panicked slightly.

"Both of us?" My eyes widened as she nodded.

"Don't act like you guys don't sleep in the same room. You guys are married."

I laughed nervously at her statement. I didn't know if this was the best idea, considering everything going on between us.

She left the room leaving us to unpack. I stood there awkwardly, everything actually starting to catch up to me.

"You need to unpack before lunch." Colby was already unpacking his things.

I noticed that he left the two bottom drawers empty for me as he started putting things in the personal bathroom.

"Right.." I trailed of, dragging my suitcase towards the dresser.

I filled the drawers with my clothes. I stuck my medicine bottle in there too, Colby will be fine without knowing I take it, before heading to the bathroom to add stuff there too.

By the time both of us were done, his mom called us down for lunch.

"Are you guys hungry?" She turned towards us as Colby nodded.

"I'm not really, thank you though." I smiled softly.

"Oh but hunny, you are skin and bones! We need to fatten you up. Are you even eating right?" She rambled as I looked away from her. "Millie? Do..Do you even eat at all..?"

She sighed and pulled me into a hug as I shook my head. I fought tears the entire time.

"You don't have to if you can't." She smiled as she pulled away. "You can watch TV in the living room or head back upstairs."

I smiled and thanked her before I walked back upstairs. I closed the door behind me and sat on the bed. I sighed to myself before there was a knock on the door.

"Millie?" Colby opened the door and stepped inside. "Are you okay?"

"Why do you care..?" I muttered, looking away from him.

"Look.. I know we don't get along, but you not eating is serious."

"Whatever, just-" I was cut off from my phone ringing.

I took my phone out and internally groaned at the name. Adam was calling me. I had completely forgotten to call his parents.

"Hey Adam." I nervously spoke to him as I put the phone on speaker.

"Were you not going to call them like you said?" He seemed slightly annoyed.

"I'm sorry Adam.. Somethings happened and it slipped my mind."

"Well they are here. They just got done yelling at me."

"Put your mom on the phone. I'll talk to her."

There wasn't any voices on the otherside for a moment which gave Colby to question me.

"Who is Adam?" He glared at me.

"A friend of mine. We were supposed to go out with his parents today." I sighed.

He continued to glare at me as I waited for Adam to hand the phone over to his mother.

"Millie? Sweetie did you forget our plans?" His mom finally came to the phone.

"No, aunt Kassie. I had sudden plans with my husband." I mumbled.

"Husband? Damn.. I really hoped you and Adam would finally realize you could be better than friends.."

"Sorry aunt Kassie."

"Well you have fun with your husband. I expect you to come see me when you return."

She hung up the phone quickly. I knew she was disappointed.

"What the fuck!?" Colby seem upset and pissed. "Better than friends? Just how close are you with this Adam guy!?"

"Adam? He's like my best friend. Why?" I turned to look up at him.

Colby quickly left the room, slamming the door behind him.

"Colby?" I chased after him.

He didn't answer me, just kept storming away. I grabbed onto his arm and pulled him back.

"Colby? What's wrong..?" I questioned before he yanked his arm away.

I stood there in disbelief. What was he so pissed off about?

I followed him out of the house and down the street. He walked into a bar which honestly made me nervous. I went inside and spotted him at the counter ordering a drink.

"Colby." I walked up to him. "Talk to me.."

Colby took a drink of the whiskey he ordered, his lip quivered. I smiled slightly at the sight, remembering the night at Sam's house.

He shot back the rest of his drink and ordered a few more. He handed me one before he shot back the rest.

"There isn't anything to talk about. I'm jealous for a stupid ass reason. You obviously don't see it and that is whatever." Colby rambled.

"Slow down.. wait you are jealous?" My eyes widened.

There was a slightly flush on his cheeks as he nodded. He was obviously drunk. Even if he was jealous, he'd never admit it sober.

"Let's just get you home.." I sighed grabbing his arm.

He didn't pull away, just let me pull him out of the bar. He hung his head, clearly upset. My hand slipped to his own as I playfully bumped into him. He smiled at me, his mood lifting.

We walked back to the house, spotting Sam outside. He was on his phone, looking annoyed. He was stood on the porch, in front of the door.

"Where did you guys go!?" Sam finally noticed us. "You guys just left without saying a word. Your mom is worried sick!"

He pointed at Colby as he looked away from Sam. Sam lectured the two of us, before we went back inside. Colby apologized to his mother and assured that everything was fine between the two of us.