32 | He's Gone

~~~

~~~

When Stiles wakes up during the day he notices Julia passed out in the chair next to the hospitable bed. She looked so peaceful yet uncomfortable as she used three chairs total to sleep. The main chair for her head and two out from the hall for her hip and feet. Melissa even gave her an extra pillow and blanket since she refused to leave.

"She's been here all night and morning." Noah walks in to check in on his.

"She's been here since last night?" Stiles looks back over at her not waking up from their voices.

"She refused to leave your side, Stiles. How much she cares about you... You mean a lot to her." Noah looks over at her now, "I'm not surprised she beat Melissa and Rafael to where you were." Noah looks back over at Stiles, "She said you knew she could find you."

"I remember that part. And I remember feeling relieved when I left Melissa's touch going into Julia's." Stiles sits up looking down at his hands, "I was terrified dad."

"I know. They're gonna start running tests on you now that you're awake. See what's going on with you." Noah lets him know, "I'll let them know you're awake now." Noah leaves the room so Stiles looks over at Julia.

While just taking her in Stiles thinks back to when they first started getting close, about how he said there was just something about her. He still didn't full understand what it was but he was scared to lose her because he knew he wouldn't find in anyone else. There was something about her he also needed but it wasn't something about her at all. It was just her.

"Julia," He whispers her name trying to slowly wake her up, "Julia." He says slightly louder waking her up.

"Huh? What? Something wrong?" She sits up rubbing her eyes.

"Why are you still here?" He shakes his head at her.

"Because I can. Do you want me to leave?" She asks getting up walking over to the bed to lean against it.

"Not really but I hate that you are in an uncomfortable position. You spent hours there."

"And honestly I don't care because I'm here for my friend." She gives him a look then smiles, "Don't worry about me, really."

"Then you shouldn't worry about me either." He grabs her hand pulling her to sit on the bed next to him.

"Our situations are very different." She laughs leaning into his side as he puts an arm around her to hug her.

"That's very true but still that's entirely uncomfortable. Next time just get in the bed and push me over to make room for you."

"I don't want there to be a next time." She tilts her head up to look at him.

"I don't either." He sighs.

For the rest of the day they start the little tests on Stiles and later in the day Scott shows up in time for the MRI.