home sweet home

Bella's POV

I walked into the kitchen only to find a note sitting on the counter. Left by my mom which was common for her to do. It read

Bella babe,
Have done big news to tell you when dad gets home. Be home by 6:00 tonight.

Forever and always,
Mom

I was a bit confused at first but shook it off and decided to walk up stairs to my bedroom. I walked in and pulled out a white crop top and some denim shorts, I pulled my matted hair into a messy braid and picked up my phone from my dresser. I texted my boyfriend and told him we needed to talk.

Jason and I had been dating for a while and it was great, but recently things were taking a turn for the worse he's gotten into drinking and when he does it always seems that I'm going home only to hide bruises and cuts from beer bottles. It was time I ended it.

I took a look in the mirror and found yet another bruise I had to hide. On my collor bone. I pulled my dark brown hair over it to cover it but being in a braid didn't help. I took out some concealer and covered the bruise and continued to look at my reflection. I wasn't too tall. 5'2" and olive skin, blue eyes and thin brown hair that reached the middle of my back. I don't have a thigh gap or perfect teeth, but I wasn't over weight either, I play volleyball and softball so I was pretty in shape.

I looked away from the mirror and back at my phone. 1 new message from Jason.

Meet me at the park at 4:00.