Chapter 5- Listening to both sides

That night,

Dante was walking in the park and stared at the water's reflection. Suddenly, Gabriela appeared behind him.

Gabriela: Is everything okay?

She stood beside him and stared at the water.

Dante: Not really. I left my team.

Gabriela: Why?

Dante: Because I almost hurt just like my parents said I am a monster.

Gabriela: No, you're not a monster. You're my amazing big brother who cares about me! Even having firepower is cool!

Dante: You think so?

Gabriela: I contacted mom and dad and they said they were ready to see you.

Dante: Are you sure? I don't think they'll say that to me...

Gabriela: Come on, you need to believe in yourself. I'm sure they will accept you.

Dante: Fine, I'll let you know whether I'm going home on tomorrow.

Gabriela: Great!

________________

The next day at the HQ,

Kamala thought about Dante as she knew he was the only person she talks the most.

Gwen: Hey Kamala!

Kamala ignores Gwen. Gwen sat beside her.

Gwen: I know how it feels to lose someone...

Kamala folded her arm and looked away.

Gwen: Remember the time, I told you about how I lost my best friend, Kelvin?

Kamala turned to Gwen.

Kamala: Of course, I remember.

Gwen: It's been 7 months since I lost him. He was my only best friend I could count on. He is different from everyone. He was an Inhuman who had ice power. So we spent time training every day. He always cheers me up. Everything has changed after his death.

Kamala: How did you stay so...upbeat after everything?

Gwen: You know, you should stay strong when Dante's not here. Based on what I saw yesterday was a misunderstanding between them.

Kamala: Is there a way we all can solve this?

Gwen: Let's see...

Gwen rubs her chin.

______________

America Chavez was busy punching the bag in the training room. Doreen and Rayshaun watched her.

Doreen: Is she okay? Like she's punching the bag with the injured hand.

Rayshaun: Let her be.

Doreen: It doesn't feel the same without Dante.

Rayshaun: Same here. I miss playing video games with him. Especially, the part he beat me.

Doreen: He even helped me with solving some of the cases.

Doreen looked down. Rayshaun placed her shoulder.

Rayshaun: Let's hope he'll come back to us.

Doreen: You're right.

Kamala and Gwen entered the training room.

Kamala: America, we need to talk.

She folded her arms as she was upset with her.