Chapter 8: Memory

--Maru's pov--

"What have you learned pluto? After all this time, after defeating me." it said, in an attempt to choke me.

"The fact that these powers will continue in a cycle, but no one lives long enough to see it repeat or to figure out how to break it. Except me."

"Azumi will die maru. You will lead everyone until they die. You will live." it said.

"That's not true!" I screamed. "You will go into the ground and shatter into billions of pieces that will never come back together. You will be nothing and i will be free from you and your lies that come out of your shadowy tongue that shall never utter another word for as long as i may live. i will quote what you have muttered and that is that i live forever you murderous serpent that knows its end is doomed, and guess what? I don't care."

"But you do care. Otherwise you wouldn't have said shit." it said. "No one cares about you, you should just end it, no one remembers you for who you were. Azumi will never love you again, you'll be a lonely soul."

I pulled out my axe and chopped it's head in half.

--Aph's pov--

"Hi axure!" I said, since she had come to visit. It had been a while since I'd seen her. She looked different. Her hair was no longer bright blue. It grayed and she wore a mask.

"Who are you and how do you know my name?" she said sternly.

I remembered what her grandmother had said. She had memory loss.

"I'm an old friend." I said, smiling and pretending everything was fine, when it wasn't.

"Nice to meet you!" she said, smiling and walking with me to my spare bedroom.

When we reached my room, I explained everyone and everything I could to her, and she enjoyed it. I felt bad since she knew all of this.. Used to know. 

--Charlie pov--

I had slept in again when I saw someone in front of me, they were ghost-like but still humanoid.

"Liam?" I said, jumping back in my bed.

"You can see me?" he shrieked.

"This is probably a hallucination." I said going back to bed.

I woke up five minutes later and he was still there.

"I love you- please don't sleep again" he said putting his hand on my shoulder. His hand felt like cold jelly on my shoulder. I shuddered and he explained everything.