chapter seven

February 9th 2012

Daphne was tying Tom's bow tie in his room.

"I don't get why you wear these everyday." She said concentrating on the oddly patterned tie.

"When you're this old everyday counts for as a special occasion!" He said with a flourish of his hands before reaching out for his cane.

"UGH!"

The two shared a look before heading to Elizabeth's room which now currently looked like a disaster zone.

"Beth?"

"In here!" Came the muffled reply from the closet.

"What are you doing?" Daphne asked guiding Tom in to set him down in a chair.

"Well I have nothing to wear and I am freaking out!" She came out of the closet and looked over Daphne "And now I have to dress you too!"

Daphne looked down at the jeans and beige sweater she was wearing.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

She got no response from Daphne and looked to Tom for help.

"You gotta admit it could use a little pizazz."

                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay so no embarrassing stories are gonna be told okay?"

Daphne and Tom nodded to appease the nervous Elizabeth in the backseat of the car. She could see the teen picking at the hem of her floral shirt in the rear view mirror.

"Calm down Beth they'll be falling at your feet." Daphne said with a slight laugh which seemed to calm her down a little bit.

Finally they pulled up to the ever familiar Tomlinson home and got out. After being let in by Fizzy who dragged Elizabeth to her room as soon as they entered Daphne guided Tom to the kitchen.

"Oh hello dear!" Mark said kissing both of Daphne's cheeks and hugging her and Tom Both.

"Sorry we're a bit late, Beth was having a melt down over what to wear." Daphne smiled at him. "Plus Gramps had a tough time choosing which bow tie to wear."

"I told you call me Tom, it makes me feel like less of an old bag!"

"You are ninety."

"Am not."

"Or really?"

"Turned twenty five just this year."

"Oh so I'm negative forty five?"

"Respect your elders missy."

"I thought you weren't old?"

Their little argument was cut off by the sound of Lou's laughter behind Mark. Seated at the table were the twins, Lottie, and you guessed it,

One Direction.

"I told you they were funny!" Daisy said jumping out of her seat with Phoebe running over to hug Tom while Lottie went over and hugged Daphne. Fizzy and Elizabeth entered the kitchen soon after and another round of greeting were made.

Johanna stood up and clapped to get everyone's attention.

"Alright well this is Daphne, her grandfat- I mean Tom" giggles were heard from the twins as he glared at her "and her sister Elizabeth."

"This is Harry, Niall, Zayn, Liam, and my baby boy Louis!" She finished punching his cheeks.

"Mum stop, I'm not a baby!" He swatted her hands away.

"You'll always be my baby boy!" A universal "aw" was heard from everyone although from the boys more mockingly.

"Well lets dig in!" Mark said beginning the wonderful dinner that Johanna had prepared.