Chapter 11: Double edged sword

Ntando Mthethwa's POV

I check the time and my dark lock screen fully emphasizes the numbers "04:17" shit shit shit...

As much as I love danger I just don't like disrespecting my loved ones so me coming back into the house at this time is very disrespectful especially since I'm supposed to be waking up at 05:30 to prepare for work.

The security guards notice me and open the gates. I nod at them since they know where I'm coming from, they were trained and specially handpicked by me. We are close and I consider them as my siblings so we have mutual understanding, I know having a personal relationship with my employees is very dangerous but I love taking risks.

I enter through the back door since it's far from my bedroom so he won't hear this door open.

I lock the door after entering and head straight to the bathroom here downstairs and quickly take a shower. I take the robe there and decide to wear it.

I go to the kitchen to boil the water in the kettle cause I'm craving for some porridge. I then go to my bedroom and as I enter it's still dark in the room but the sun is starting to rise so there's a bit of light coming through the window.

I get shocked when I see a shadow on top of the bed and I freeze as a sign of being cautious in such situations. The lights suddenly go on and I notice it's Nkosana I release a sign of relief. "Ungthusile sthandwa sam, uvukeleni ekseni sorh kanti azanke uthi namuhla awuyi emsebenzini?"[you scared me my love, why are you up so early didn't you say you're not going to work today?]

He just stares at me, he looks calm and that's when I start to panic a little but I don't show it because that would just mean I'm of which I am but he doesn't have to know that.

"Ubuyaphi sthandwa sam?"[where are you coming from my love] he asks still as calm as ever..damn that means I'm really in trouble.

See, as much as I love killing people nerh. The respect I have for my husband would make me sell my company and be a housewife. He brings out my vulnerable side that just needs to be cuddled every now and then.

"Or yini sowukhohliwe ukuthi umithi?"[or what have you forgotten that you're pregnant], okay I'm screaming inside, how did he find out about that.

Mind you I'm still standing, it's 4am in the morning, I just came back from doing something very dangerous, I'm pregnant and I want to keep the baby but I feel like now is not the right time. I wanted to tell him in a more calm moment and all this while he's still sitting then just looking at me being as patient as ever while I get lost in my thoughts.

Looks like the double life I'm living has to come to an end because as much as I get to express myself through my business, I also don't want to lose my husband because of that. My life truly is like a double sword and it wants to stab me really really hard.

"Are you doing drugs again?" he asks, how dare!!? I frown and ask through gritted teeth "what did you just say to me???"

Greetings, greetings..I would just like to take the time to appreciate the views and votes🫀I truly truly am grateful for the time you guys are taking out of your lives just to read these novels❤

Guys please do remember that this is my first novel, if there's somethings that I'm doing wrong or you might have tips on how I can I improve my writing skills please do send me a message🤍

Lastly, please do comment and like😙🌊

Until next time my loves😙😙😙