Chapter 4

•••

•••

Santina

It's the night of the early halloween party, and after Talia kept convincing me to be a slutty bunny with her, it's safe to say that I am certainly NOT a slutty bunny.

I'm not really into the whole halloween costumes, so I'm going for a ripped dress in addition to some blood on my neck and lips to enhance the spooky look for tonight.

I love partying, but not as much as I love staying at home by myself and binge watching a whole Netflix series until it's way past midnight

I love partying, but not as much as I love staying at home by myself and binge watching a whole Netflix series until it's way past midnight. But I need to get out of that habit and learn to be like everyone else. I want to have fun with my best friend tonight and get over certain distractions that are loitering on my mind.

Distractions like Amir.

A few selfies of me and Talia were shot as we make our way to the party, giving our Uber driver an earful from our screeching karaoke in the car.

We enter a standard home where we're greeted with a lot of college students and older adults smoking all kinds of drugs. It's like any usually party.

But with much older folks.

You got the typical red cups, the loud music pounding in our ears, the people doing shots in the backyard, and some couple making out in the corner. And although it was nice - it was also not my scene.

Talia is already shitfaced after downing a few cups of alcohol. And with me, i've convinced myself that I don't drink, but I know i'm guilty for falling into bad habits when alcohol is literally forced right in front of my face.

Kind of like right now.

"Have one!", Talia screams over the music whilst holding a shot in front of my eyes.

I'm hesitant to accept the offer, but with the pressure of everyones eyes waiting for me to prove my sense of badness, I decided to grab the tiny cup and spill the liquid down my throat. My face immediately scrunches up after doing so, and I feel the burn firing down my chest.