Chapter 34

Santina

Santina

So Amir seriously had to live on the biggest hill of all of San Diego. If you want to know what it looks like to be soaked in your own sweat, all you need to do is take one look at me.

I thought it was a good idea to stick my headphones in and walk to Amir's. The exercise would be good for my mind. The navigation told me it would take about 20 minutes but it forgot to mention that I was about to climb up the worlds largest hill.

My white T shirt lightens in it's fabric as you can see my pink bra through the dampness. My jeans are tight and if you want to call someone stupid - it's me since I decided to wear heels today.

Doesn't matter though because half way up they came straight off. I feel ashamed to present myself like this to Amir but I have no choice. My throat runs dry and i'm in urgent need for some cold water.

I reach the top of the hill where a beautiful view of San Diego crosses the landscape. I smile at the beauty whilst walking up to the door exhausted, ringing the doorbell in hopes that Amir will be home.

The door suddenly opens and i'm met with the man that makes my heart stop every time I look at him. "Hi", I whisper. His brows are creased as he stares at my state. "Santina? What on earth. What happened?", he says whilst ushering me in.

I quickly step into the warmth of the elegant hallway and get distracted by the intricate detail of the dark interior. "Wow", I whisper.

"Santina?", He rasps out. I'm brought back in from my thoughts and turn around, blushing in embarrassment as he stares at me with concern and his arms crossed.

"I- Um I know I look disgusting. I thought it would be a good idea to walk here and surprise you. I just didn't realise how big that fucking hill was". I sound so stupid.

Amirs eyes widen in shock. "Wait. You walked ALL the way up that hill?". I nod confidently knowing my entire look already says it all.

Even if I sound stupid, I know Amir loves me. He won't make me feel bad at all.

Amir stares at me before he bursts out laughing and although it's heaven to my ears i'm taken back. "Oh that's class. You're fucking crazy", He says.

This bitch.

I gasp. "Shut up!. I came all this way up for you and you have the audacity to laugh at me?".

"Santina. The second you saw that hill you should have just called me or told me you wanted to come, I would have picked you up".

I never thought of that.

My lips press together trying not to laugh. "I'm stupid okay". "Mm yes you are", he chuckles under his breathe before stepping close to me, cupping his rough palms around my jaw. "But I admire how much you wanted to be here with me. I'm very flattered actually. No one's ever walked up a whole hill for me", His sarcasm is obvious which makes me shove his hard chest.