Chapter 7

•••

•••

Santina

Kendrick Lamar - All the stars ft. SZA (slowed + Reverb)

The entry to the club was quick, and I felt like royalty as I skipped the long cue of impatient people on the way in. From the amount of people outside, I can tell this club gets really busy, and almost everyone is dressed more sophisticated.

After being escorted into the club by a bodyguard, I notice that this club is far different from what I imagined it to be. The energy is dark and luxurious, and most of the people are seated on lounge couches, either smoking on a hookah or with women who are entertaining them with a slow paced stripping show.

A few people dance in the setting, but their dances aren't like basic club raves. It's slow and passionate. There is no overconsumption of alcohol, or signs of danger rising at any second.

This club doesn't match Talia's experience at all.

I walk through the crowd of sophisticated people, lightly dancing and networking with each other. Even the sound of their laugh screams money, and I feel goosebumps rising at the idea of being around people with such high power in society.

Many of the men are dressed in suits, but I also spot a few men dressed in Arab attire as they indulge on a wealthy cigar whilst being entertained by braless and half-naked women. I widen my eyes at the reality that i've just witnessed, watching the women angle their bodies and sway their hips to the music whilst all eyes are on them.

Shivers run down my spine from this unholy environment, and I start to feel uneasy. That is until I slow down in my route and shift my gaze up. I spot an indoor balcony where Amir has been standing and watching over me this entire time that i've been here.

He's leant over the barrister with his dark gaze focused on me, a black shisha pen locked at the corner of his lips, and a puff of smoke evaporating into the dark air. There might be a lot of powerful men in here, but nothing screams power more than the man watching over his territory.

I feel threatened. But I like it.

I notice that two men stand on guard next to him. They're expressions are very focused and on high alert. And as Amir pushes off the barrister and exits the balcony with the two men following, I wait patiently and inhale a sharp breathe, assuming that he's making his way down.

Authority radiates off of his body as he walks towards me, coming out from the dark shadows in the ambience. He's dressed in an all black 3 piece suit, the suit tailored to hug his figure perfectly.

I'm still amazed by the sight of him.

I feel small under his gaze as he comes closer. The closer he gets, the larger he grows in scale compared to me. The men behind him follow his steps, kind of like a pack of lions coming out from secrecy.