Chapter 7

Assuming Alyssa had wanted to get acquainted with the Avengers, she seemed to be in a deep conversation with Romanoff. I myself wasn't all that interested in chatting, but Rogers and the android were annoyingly insistent. The topic of conversation was what we were doing since we last faced each other. Of course, I already knew due to watching the movies.

"So, last we heard from you, you were killed by dark elves? Thor had told us after we defeated Ultron." Captain Rogers began slowly.

"If you must know, I tend to fake my death to ensure I have freedom. Odin would never have allowed me to leave the dungeons just to let Thor's woman escape Asgard. Thor only freed me to escape in the many secret passageways between the realms." I scoffed.

"Why would you do that? I would think that you would be more useful assisting Thor to finish the fight." Vision stated. I only glared.

I was growing tired of these useless conversations. And Alyssa seemed to notice my discomfort when our gazes met.

"I think Loki and I should head out. It's getting late and I didn't really tell anyone where I was heading out to so, better to leave now. Besides, I promised a friend I'd play with them later." She stated.

Stark seemed to look up and eye her. "You're going to just leave again?" He asked. "I do have a life to live, Tony. I can't always be worrying about you all. You guys can get jobs now and have a fresh start." She answered.

"If that's the case, then why is Reindeer Games being featured on the internet for a sudden appearance in New York?"

I tensed up as Alyssa was confused before pulling out her phone to look it up. And then she narrowed her eyes when she glanced up at me.

"Why? I specifically said to not be seen if you went outside. And the clips and photos are going to cause problems if people start to over analyze them." The look of betrayal was evident, and it made me feel guilty.

"I was curious and had to test my theory. I wasn't expecting there to be anyone present when I appeared." I tried to explain. I remember this feeling from when my mother realized the tricks I had pulled to prevent Thor from returning. And now I was experiencing it again with Alyssa.

"We talked about this yesterday and you know how I feel about this situation. If anyone finds out about any of you, then there's going to be trouble!" She exclaimed.

"And how do you expect us to live if you want us hidden?" Stark asked. "I don't know! I just don't want to be dealing with this! Just because you were fine with the attention in your universe, doesn't mean you should just waltz around here like it's the same. The people that played as all of you in the movies will start being bombarded by the media. And then when they confirm that it wasn't them in costume, people will start to realize something more is going on."

Alyssa was starting to get emotional as she continued. And I knew that either I pull her away from the situation or I make Stark regret causing her stress.

I opted for the first choice, knowing Alyssa wouldn't appreciate me stabbing him. I pick her up and walk out the door, not caring about the Avengers who were shocked by my actions. I placed her in her seat and got in the passenger side. She was still trying to process everything, with how silent she was.

I decided to use my magic and calm her down enough so she could drive. She began to drive and once we reached the secluded spot, I used the Tesseract to bring us back. And I immediately brought her inside to her room.