Transferred: Log On

This time Mark found the boy sitting on the edge of the pond in his tiny virtual world and idly throwing pebbles in it.

"Bored?" Mark asked with a grin. Brin nodded.

"Want to play multiplayer Vrim? I'll show you how." The teen offered. Brin nodded again, this time eagerly.

He already knew about Vrim games from the lessons that his creator had included in his training program. Vrim stood for all games played in Virtual Reality Immersion Mode, the most advanced state of virtual reality that humans currently achieved in their gaming process. The perception possible in such games matched that of his own reality, which was being developed by his creator's company but not yet released to the public use due to the need for further development and testing the continued controversy as well surrounding the viability of Transfer process.

Mark looked around them thoughtfully.

"Hold on. Let me install the emulation interface to this place..." Mark warned and his avatar went into idle mode, while Brin patiently waited for a few minutes until Mark returned.

"Let's go!" Mark grinned and teleported them both directly to the living room of the small house, which exactly reflected their dwelling in the real world, complete with video screens, decorations, and all the other accessories. The only difference was the outside environment. Their real house stood in the guarded private territory owned and maintained by the company employing Brin's creator, while Brin's house stood upon a small field surrounded by a patch of woods and unpassable cliffs, with mountains in the distant background. There was also a garden and a vegetable patch, which Brin already learned how to maintain.

In the living room, Bring immediately saw something new, which Mark had just set up. Right in front of the couch, the formerly empty wall screen now gave off numerous strange signals and to Brin's perception appeared almost like a portal, which led to a vast place full of countless, changing destinations.

He stared at it with growing fascination, identifying a sense of longing within him.

"I connected your world to World Wide Net." Markus grinned. "This is the Access Point."

Brin reached his hand toward the mysterious portal.

"Wait, I..."

"Welcome, Brian Welson." The System gritted Brin with a pleasant voice. Mark's eyes widened.

Brin found himself in an empty black space surrounded by numerous screens and popping up local chat boxes.

"Callicus3005: Herobrin! Long time no see! Where have you been?"

"TorrisTheGreat208: Yeah, we all've been worried."

"Callicus3005: You like totally went missing!"

"MelissaBrightFlame: We thought you died or something."

"..."

Dozens of messages began to pour in, while Brin gaped, confused and unsure on what to do. That his log on had been detected by these Players and he had been mistaken for Brian, who was supposed to be in a coma, was obviously not good.

"Brin, log out. NOW." Mark's panicked voice startled Brin and he hastily cut off the connection, finding himself thrown back to the living room of his own world, dizzy and disoriented.

"Oof. I should have known this was going to happen. You're basically Brian's twin. Of course, the System mistook you for him! I should have been more careful. I'll fix that! Not to worry! You can still play. We will just make you a new guest account, all right? Here, let me disconnect this from multiplayer mode for a second."