Trying to Escape Poverty

Cover: 10/10

I love your cover. I love the feeling it gave when I first saw it. It's nice. I don't think you need to change it. Trying to Escape Poverty could be changed to a clearer font, but that's up to you. It's still perfect.

Title & Blurb: 10/10

Your title is quite straight forward and I love it. I had an idea of what your novel is about with the title, but I needed to continue to see if I was right. Your Blurb is also perfect. It gave us an insight into the main character Phillip, his high school sweetheart, and the steps he took to try to get money from his childhood friend. It tells us what to expect without revealing much and I love that about your Blurb.

Plot: 10/10

So it started with Phillip getting drunk. I let out a chuckle or two when he thought he got raped by the bigger man in the room and started feeling his butt before the bigger man brought in a girl from the bathroom. The idea of him using drugs to have s*x was unexpected which made it entertaining to read. I thought Sean would make him do deliveries.

Character: 7/10

I love Phillip's character. The emotion you have with your descriptions around him made it relatable to read. Also, Sean's another well-written character. I just don't know where to put him. A good friend or a bad one. But I see him as a selfish person though.

Originality: 20/20

To be honest, I love this work. I read only three chapters but each chapter had this strong grip on it. From Phillip's struggles to his girlfriend dying from trying to abort the baby in her womb all by herself.

Writing style: 17/20

Your descriptions might be perfect as well as your grammar, but I notice a very bad habit in your writing style. You don't add punctuation marks when closing or opening your quotation mark. Example: "You break my heart man" Sean's raspy voice pulls out of my head "The girl cheated on you many times and here you are mourning her like it is the end of the world. The murderous whore got what she deserved! Who kills an innocent soul!" - I'm sure you can tell where the problem lies. It should've been: "You break my heart man," Sean's raspy voice pulls out of my head. "The girl cheated on you many times and here you are mourning her like it is the end of the world. The murderous whore got what she deserved! Who kills an innocent soul!"

Just work on your dialogue and you'll be good to go

Enjoyment: 20/20

Your descriptions and the words you used got me hooked.

Total: 94/100