The Healing Bond

Cover: 10/10

I need to tell you that I'm in love with your cover. It's simple yet very eye-catching. The words on it are bold as well. I also love how the cover gives that 'I'm free' vibe. 

Title/Blurb: 10/10

Your title is beautiful and eye-catching. It also corresponded to the Blurb very well. I love how you moved your description between Radhika and Aditya, and how you gave a deeper description of the things surrounding both character's lives, without revealing too much. 

Plot: 6/10

I was wondering if I should give this category a 5 or a 6, but decided to give it a 6 cause I feel with better polishing, you'll have a great story. I love how we got to know about Radhika's family setting, starting from the first chapter, but I feel it was a bit too much. I don't know how to explain it. I wasn't visualising her interaction with her family, but read it because it was being told. More like instead of showing, you were telling. We know why she wants to be a doctor, starting from the first chapter and can tell why are family are so supportive of her dreams, but that's it. I couldn't feel any emotions beyond that. (chapter 1).

I do like Chapter 2 better for some reason. Probably because the interaction between Radhita and Visakha was cute. Chapter 3 was my least favourite. I'm sure you must have seen my comment asking what was happening, and that was because everything was so sudden. We finally got introduced to Aditya. With Aditya's character, I was supposed to feel some emotions, but there was nothing. Everything was just happening so fast without any solid backstory to make us understand why certain things are happening. 

Character: 4/10

I didn't feel anything for your characters no matter how hard I wanted to try. You are not portraying them well. We need more in-depth exposure to your characters so we can feel something for them. 

Originality: 15/20

You've got a beautiful story, you just need to work on it more. 

Writing style: 10/20

I'm not a huge fan of your writing style. First of all, stop with the italics when you know you are not emphasising a word. It's distracting. Second, learn to give a new paragraph for a different character when they are conversing. Do not merge two characters' conversations. E.g.: "Well, there was a peculiar manager downstairs who informed me," I explained. Visakha burst into laughter, and I was intrigued.  "What happened?" I asked. Still chuckling, she shared, "You mentioned her being 'creepy' because of the way she looked at you." I admitted to this, and it only made her laugh harder. "She doesn't give a creepy look; it's just her face which makes her give a creepy look stare!"  Visakha remarked, which made us both burst into laughter, embracing the humorous start to our newfound friendship. 

Try to make it easy to read. E.g.: "Well, there was a peculiar manager downstairs who informed me," I explained. Visakha burst into laughter, and I was intrigued. "What happened?" I asked. 

Still chuckling, she shared, "You mentioned her being 'creepy' because of the way she looked at you." I admitted to this, and it only made her laugh harder. "She doesn't give a creepy look; it's just her face which makes her give a creepy stare!"  Visakha remarked, which made us both burst into laughter, embracing the humorous start to our newfound friendship.

Let go of the italics. It's not necessary. 

Enjoyment: 5/20

I didn't enjoy it at all. It was all over the place. Take your time to look for those faults and edit them out. 

Total: 60/100