The Beginning of the End

Cover: 5/10

The only thing giving your cover that thriller vibe is the font and colour you've used for the title. You can do better with your cover. 

Title/Blurb: 10/10

Your title brings in that feeling that makes readers curious about what your book is about. Is the world coming to an end? An apocalypse? Those were the thoughts I had when I saw your book title. Your Blurb is everything. Spot on! I love it a lot. I was excited after reading it and couldn't wait to dive in. We got to know about an apocalypse that had already happened, forcing everyone to move and form a community underground. We also got to know our main character, Anthony and how he is willing to do everything to make sure his sister Willow, survives a deadly illness—doesn't matter if it means going to the surface to look for a cure. We also got introduced to a third character, Lena and we got to know an attribute concerning this character, which is their curiosity. 

It's fun how we got to know important details with just the Blurb and at the same time felt so little. My issue was with the sneak peek you'd placed in the Blurb. I'd advise you to take it out and use it as a prologue instead. The prologue doesn't have to be about the start of a story. It could also be seen as a sneak peek of something that will happen further into your story (I've seen some paperback novels with that format). When making it your prologue, you don't have to use the words 'a sneak peek from chapter four'. The readers will surely have an idea it's a sneak peek at what will happen further in your story as they read on. 

Plot: 10/10

I love the way you explained the society they had built underground after the apocalypse. We got to know that they still operated with hierarchy and things weren't all that great with most of the survivors. I thought we'd dive into Anthony and Lena leaving the underground for the outside world in search of a cure almost immediately based on the Blurb, but that didn't happen. Instead, you gave more in-depth details about each character and of course, the situation they find themselves. 

Character: 10/10

Every character is so uniquely written. We got to know about Anthony and the death of his grandparents during the apocalypse, followed by his dad, forcing him to go into that parenting role at age 14, so he could take care of his little sister. We also know about the scar on his cheek, something that seems to be a touchy experience for him. We got to know about Lena, probably his love interest. She's got this questionable background based on the first 3 chapters. Where were her family? How did she get so much money without working? Those were my questions, though I know they would be answered further in this beautiful book. 

Willow also is such a lovely character. The way I could relate to her child-like personality was because of the way you wonderfully described her actions during chapters 2 and 3. A character I despise so far is Mr Bleak. He's such an annoying character and I just want him gone... especially with the foreshadowing I saw at the end of chapter 3 (I think it's a foreshadowing, not sure). Anyways, you are a great writer and each character brings in different emotions from me. 

Originality: 20/20

What can I say? This is amazing. 

Writing style: 20/20

I love your writing style a lot. I haven't noticed any error so far and your description and story flow are spot on. 

Enjoyment: 20/20

I'm going to read this to the end. I still have many unanswered questions. 

Total: 95/100