5

It was late morning when I realized my alarm wasn't going off. Taking a bath was the first thing I did after running to the bathroom. My eyes went to my phone while packing my bag and I noticed it was Sunday. Aish, damn it how I have forgotten today's Sunday. As soon as I changed my clothes, I wore something more comfortable.

I thought about going to sleep again, but my thoughts changed when I realized I needed to get some furniture and groceries. I examined my bank account and found only 100,000 won. I figured this wouldn't be enough, so I called my father (which I seldom do because I don't need to, I generally talk with him when I call my mother).

On Call

Me: Hello, Dad! Wassup?

Dad: I'm OK. How about you? By the way, from where did the moon rise today?

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh.

Me: DAD, IT. ISN'T. FUNNY. AT. ALL!

I enunciated each word, but he remained silent, as usual, intimidated.

Me: Btw, I'm alright, Dad, but I need some help.

Dad: What did you do this time?

I felt fear in his words.

Me: Nothing, Dad. I only need some money.

He let out a deep sigh of relief.

Dad: For what?

Me: I'm going to get some furnishings for my house. I have a sofa, a table, a bed, a wardrobe, and a chair. I need to get a refrigerator, a washing machine, a television, an Air conditioner and utensils for myself.

Dad: Okay, so how much do you want?

Me: I have no idea!

Dad: Hmmm. I've sent you the money; now do anything you want.

Me: Okay, Dad. You are the greatest!

Dad: Bye!

Me: Bye.

Call ended

I checked my bank account and confirmed that I received the funds. Now, I need someone to accompany me. I've decided to take Taehyung with me. Should I call him or go to his place and ask? I think calling him would be better. I was about to contact him, but then the doorbell rang. Surprisingly, I found Taehyung waiting outside when I opened the door.

"Hello. I brought you some cake.", he smiled and I returned it.

"Thank you. Come in.", I beckoned him in, and he sat on the couch.

"I was about to call you before you arrived here.", I said without any expression on my face.

"Why?", he said with a smirk.

I ignored him and spoke, "Hmm...I chose to buy some stuff for my house, that's why."

"Oh, yes. You are new here; thus, it is evident that you will need to get your necessities.", he pointed out.

"So, would you come with me?"

"My pleasure. But first, let's eat this."

"Okay.", I sat alongside him, and he handed me the cake. I was enjoying it; it was delicious, I promise.