MARRIAGE

||Anvika's pov||

Seeing Mumma all cheerful made me feel a mix of nice and scared. I couldn't quite pin down why, but I had a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"I found a boy for you," she blurted out, eyes sparkling with excitement. "They agreed to everything—don't even want to meet you. They've seen your photo and are ready to marry you. They're okay with you continuing your work and taking care of the family."

"W-what?" I stammered, my voice trembling and tears welling up. "Y-you agreed to this?"

Mumma pulled me into a tight hug, her voice soothing but firm. "I just want you to move on and start a new life. I know you're still stuck on him, but I've given you time to think. Every time, you've rejected or ignored it. This time, I made the decision. I'm your mother—I know what's best."

"But I have you," I said, my voice shaky. "I'm happy with my family. I moved on from him a long time ago. This isn't fair."

Mumma gently released me from the hug. "Next week, you're getting married. The guy has to leave Canada. He's a hotel manager there."

"Wait, what? I'm supposed to marry someone next week whose name I don't even know? I haven't seen his photo, haven't met him, and now I'm just supposed to accept this?" I asked, feeling overwhelmed. "God, why me? I'm still dealing with one problem, and now this?"

I was exhausted from work and especially drained from this emotional rollercoaster. Without another thought, I flopped onto my bed, wrapping myself in the blanket like a human burrito. Who cares how I looked right now? I needed sleep.

I muttered to myself, "Bad night, darling. This was supposed to be good." Then, I drifted into a deep slumber.

The next morning, I woke up late—12 p

The next morning, I woke up late—12 p.m. 😅. To my surprise, I found Pandit Ji (the priest) chatting with my parents. I shuffled over to my sister and asked, "What's he doing here?"

She shrugged and said, "He's here to pick an auspicious time for your engagement with that guy."

I forced a nod and trudged back to my room.

After getting ready, I skipped breakfast and headed to the hospital. I didn't want to discuss the wedding with anyone, especially not with my mood.

The engagement was set for a week from today. I wasn't happy about it at all. So, I started leaving for the hospital early and coming back late, just to avoid conversations. I didn't want anyone to bother me.

The day before my engagement, Mumma called me in the morning while I was heading to the hospital. "Anvika beta, come here and choose an engagement ring with me."

"Yes, Ma?" I replied, feeling a knot in my stomach.

Mumma showed me a few ring options. "Choose one."

"Ma, honestly, I'm not interested. Just get a simple band. Something I can wear to work if I need to," I said.

She gave me a slow, slightly fake smile. "Okay, beta. I'll get a simple band."

I nodded and left for the hospital.

Tomorrow is my engagement. Every girl dreams of a beautiful, grand wedding, but not me. I always pictured a lovely wedding, dancing with my future husband, being the happiest bride ever. But here I am, with neither love nor a dream wedding. Life can be such a pain sometimes.

After overthinking everything, I returned home exhausted. I didn't want to face anyone, so I freshened up, changed, and dove into my bed without a second thought. Sleep took over me before I knew it.

============================

 heya lovelies hope u all are good 

plz vote and comment plz 

see u next time bubye