AkiAn

A/N: LEM HERE IT IS

*Childhood Friends AU*

Characters:
An Shiraishi
Akito Shinonome
Kohane Azusawa
Toya Aoyagi
Haruka Kiritani
Miku
Rin
Len
Luka
MEIKO
KAITO

(Akito's POV)

"Akito!" I heard my best friend call my name. I looked over excitedly, but to my surprise, there's a blue-haired girl with her that I don't know.

She hugs me. "Akito, this is Haruka!" she introduces me to the blue-haired girl. Wait, she looks familiar...

"Are you Haruka Kiritani of ASRUN?" I ask curiously.

The girl smiles. "Yes, that's me."

"She's my new friend!" An says triumphantly.

"It's nice to meet you, Kiritani. I'm Akito Shinonome." I shake her hand politely.

"It's very nice to meet you Shinonome-san." she smiles again, and I swear I saw her sparkling.

"Is it okay if Haruka plays with us today?" An had a pleading look on her face.

The truth is, I can't say no to An. I have a huge crush on her.

"Yeah, okay. That's fine." I look away blushing.

"Yay! Thank you, Akito!" she hugs me, and I almost fainted.

(An's POV)

Akito is my best friend, and also my crush.

Luckily, I don't get all embarrassed around him or anything, and we get along really well.

Haruka and I were playing house in the sandbox, but Akito was alone on the swing set. "I'll be right back, Haruka."

She nods, and I run over to check on Akito.

"Akito? Are you okay? Why are you all alone?" he seems startled by my voice, as if he wasn't expecting me. "I'm fine." he looks away slightly, and that makes me sad.

"Why don't you come play house with me and Haruka?"

"Sure, I guess." he gets up and starts walking really fast towards the sandbox, still not looking at me.

I couldn't see well, but I think his face was red?

*11 years later*

(Akito's POV)

I was sitting in my class, staring out the window.

"...me. Shinonome...? Shinonome!"

I snap out of my daydream. "Yes, ma'am?"

"I called your name several times. You're lucky I looked up, otherwise I would have counted you absent." the teacher crossed her arms, and I felt the eyes of all of my classmates on me.

"Sorry, ma'am, I'm just a bit tired today." I apologize.

"I understand, but pay attention next time, please." she uncrosses her arms and continues with the attendance.

*After class*

Toya was already waiting for me outside my classroom. "Hey, dude." I give him a fist bump. "Ready for practice?"

"Of course. I'm excited to see what Miku and the others have to say about our performance today." he has a small smile on his face.

Just then, An walks up to us. "Let's go get Kohane, you guys!" she's practically jumping in excitement.

After 11 years, I still loved her. I just hope she wouldn't notice the small amount of blush that was probably on my face right now.

We head towards Miyamasuzaka where Kohane is waiting. "Hello, everyone." she smiles when she sees us. "Kohaneeeee~!" An practically jumped on her. Poor girl almost tumbled onto the ground.

"Wah! An-chan!"

"Get off of Kohane, An." I roll my eyes.

"Whoops! Sorry!" she removes herself from Kohane and comes over to me. "You jealous, Akito?" she gets in my face.

"Jealous? Of course not!" I'm probably not doing a very good job of hiding my blush, because An smirks.

"Come on, you two, everyone is probably waiting for us." Kohane attempts to stop an argument.

"Right!" An clicks Untitled and the view before us changes to Crase Cafe in SEKAI.

"An, you didn't even check if anyone was there. Someone could have seen us." I get annoyed, although I'm not really annoyed.

"Sure, sure." she brushes me off as Miku comes out of the cafe. "Hello everyone."

(An's POV)

"Heya, Miku!" I greet her cheerfully, completely ignoring Akito.

"An!" Rin and Len run out of the cafe excitedly, followed by Luka, MEIKO, and KAITO.

"Hey, everyone." Luka smiles.

"Have you come to perform for us?" Rin's eyes are glowing with excitement.

"You bet!" I wink.

"Yay!" Rin and Len jump up and down. They're just like little kids sometimes.

We start our vocal warmups and stretches when I see Akito acting weird. He just looks more depressed than usual.

"You okay, Akito?" he jumps. It reminds me of that time when we were kids, and I smile slightly at the memory.

He clearly thinks about that too. "I'm fine, just tired."

"You never let being tired affect you. What's going on?"

He sighs, and I can see his face is slightly red. "Are you sick?" I put my hand underneath his bangs to feel his forehead. At this, he seemed to get more red.

"Not sick..." he looks away, leaving my hand behind in the air.

"Do you like me?"

(Akito's POV)

"Do you like me?"

An's expression was completely serious. Damn. Couldn't keep the secret anymore. I nod solemnly.

"Hey, you guys? Can you leave us for a bit?" An said. Everyone nodded and left the cafe, leaving me alone with An.

"Is that true?" she sat next to me. "Yeah." I look at her, and her eyes are sparkling.

She pulled me into a hug. I was surprised, but I returned the embrace. "You have no idea how happy that makes me...I've loved you since we were kids..." she buried her head into my shoulder.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah. You too?" she looks up at me.

Without saying anything, I cupped her face in my hand and pulled her into a kiss.

She made a surprised sound, which changed into a happy sound as she melted into the kiss.

I break the kiss and press my forehead against hers. "I love you, An." I whisper.

"I love you too, Akito." she smiles sweetly, and it felt like my heart could burst at any moment.

I loved An Shiraishi. Everything about her. From her personality, to her grey-blue hair, to her amber eyes, everything about her was perfect to me.

I loved her.

A/N: RAHHHHH HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT  i don't ship akian personally but i think this turned out really well

Finished: 02/01/24 word count: 1055