Chapter 16

Liam hated it, but he had to leave. Eva finished her finals and Dylan personally put her on a plane to New York. Dylan had kept Liam up to date on how she was, but the news wasn't good. She was still depressed. Dylan had talked to her about getting help. She didn't want help.

Paddy picked her up at the airport and took her to Liam's hotel. He was so happy to see her that he picked her up and swung her around in a circle. Normally, she liked that. Today, she didn't. "Stop, Liam. People are looking!" She pushed him away and walked to the elevator.

"I have rehearsals for a few hours each day, but when I'm done we can go Christmas shopping." Liam was excited.

"Whoopee. Christmas. I can't wait." Eva said, with no expression in her voice.

"That's right. I'm glad you can't wait. I made a list of everyone we need to buy for and an Idea of what to get them. I am having trouble with your mother, though."

Eva laughed. "I don't have a mother. She hasn't even called me. My dad called me. Lex called me. Andrew even called me. I haven't heard a word from her."

Liam was shocked. "She hasn't called you? My mother calls you every day."

"I know. Could you ask her to stop, please?" Eva pleaded.

"Why didn't you tell me? I figured she had to have called you by now."

Eva just shook her head. "Let's get this done, please. I'm really not in the mood."

"Fine. Let's go. We will start in Tiffany's. You like it in there. What do you want for Christmas?" Liam asked,

"Nothing. I don't deserve presents." Eva answered.

"Stop it. Jesus, Eva. We need to get you help."

Eva shot him an evil look. "I'm not crazy. I'm fine. Stop telling me to get help! I don't need help! Nobody would understand anyhow."

"I'm sorry Eva, but you are acting crazy. You are going to talk to someone as soon as we get home. I'm over this." Liam was angry, now. At first he had felt bad for her, but now? She needed to get help. She needed to talk about how she felt. He had to figure out a way to get her to see someone. They were falling apart.

......................

Everything went well as far as the band was concerned. All reporters were told that Liam would not answer any questions about his personal life and they had respected that. By the end of the week, Eva's family's presents were in the mail and Liam's families were tucked into suitcases. It was just days before Christmas. They flew home, got back to the flat and started to unpack. Liam was stacking all the presents by the fireplace. They hadn't remembered to get a tree.

By the time they were done, Eva was exhausted and crawled into bed. Liam got in after her and tried kissing the back of her neck. "Stop" she said.

Liam rolled off of her. "Why? What's wrong? You are fine. Do you not want me anymore?"

"Stop it, Liam."

"No, I'm serious. This is it. I want to hear it. I'm done with this Zombie act. Do you not want me? Should we just give up? I can't keep being the cheerful one. It's killing me, seeing you like this. I can't do it."

"You want to give up?" Eva said.

"No, I want you to act like yourself. We need to get help. You are not okay."

"I know I'm not okay. Do you think I don't know that? I KILLED my baby. I want to DIE every single day. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about killing myself. Okay? Is that what you want to hear?"

"Yes! For god's sake, YES. I want to know how you feel. I want to help you!" Liam shouted.

Eva sat up. She turned to Liam and screamed "You can't HELP ME! I'm a murderer! I deserve to DIE. I want to die!"

Liam had heard enough. He grabbed her by her arm and dragged her off the bed. Then he picked her up and started to walk with her.

"Put me down! What are you doing! Put me down!" Eva screamed.

"No! You want to die, then FINE. I'll help you." He kicked open the door to the balcony and walked over to the edge. The wind was blowing hard and there were flakes of snow in the air. "Give me the word and I'll pitch you right over the side. You said you want to die! Let's go!"

"No, Liam! NO! What are you doing?" she screamed. Her hair was whipping all around as she screamed and thrashed trying to get away.

"You said you wanted to DIE! This is dying. This is what you want!" Liam screamed right back. He lifted her higher.

"NO! NO! I don't want to die! Put me down!" Eva hollered. "Please!" She was crying by now and the tears were freezing to her face.

"Tell me that we will get help. Tell me that we will go to therapy." Liam said. The wind was blowing him right off his feet.

"I'll get help! I'll get help! Put me DOWN!" Eva screamed.

"We call tomorrow. First thing."

"YES! Put me down!"

Liam took her back inside and set her down. Then he wrapped his arms around her and let her cry.

˶���s