12. They don't know about us

"Mallik ye tum kya ummph-" Haseena hadn't let her finish because her lips had captured Karishma's effectively silencing her.

When they'd gotten down the car Haseena's eyes hadn't missed someone moving into the house next to theirs except that she didn't expect Shivani Jaiswal to get down from her car, accompanied by a man probably her husband and a child who ran towards their house. Their voices had, like always reached the decibel that clearly indicated that they were in a heated argument so when Karishma continued to argue she had pulled her and then kissed her????

There were thousands of alternatives but she had to choose the one that came with strings attached of course. Haseena even for the sake of her pride wouldn't dare deny the effect of the act of kissing Karishma had on her body. Her face was hot so she was sure she must have turned crimson, her hand the one around Karishma's small waist was definitely shivering, her legs felt like jelly so she was glad that Karishma had shifted her one hand from her shoulder to her hip encircling it around her holding her in place. Out of all the reactions the one that was most embarrassing to admit was the way it felt like some current ran through each and every vein of hers, the way her lower abdomen twisted asking for more and how the need almost had her curling her toes in her shoes. Chemistry. She could feel the damn chemistry which the two had always been blind about. She had closed her eyes savouring the moment, the hand around Karishma's waist was colder than ice now and her other hand gripped the handle to the stroller in an iron grip. Karishma much to her dismay was an amazing kisser because it felt like she was coaxing, teasing and dominating her all at the same time. She realised that the kiss had lasted longer than necessary for Shivani to believe their charade except that it felt too good for her to separate but she did anyway, dragging her hand from Karishma's waist to her right cheek, her thumb caressing her bony prominence like she had always wanted to. She looked thoroughly snogged slightly hunched at the sudden loss of contact and that only made it harder for her distance herself a little bit more to hold a conversation that Shivani should hear.

"Baby ab jaane bhi dijiye na I accept that the best cop movie is Turner and Hooch alright? Andar chaliye hum aapke favourite aloo ka paratha banayenge dinner mein." Her voice was too sweet, Haseena noticed how Karishma was breathing erratically her lips wet, she bit her lower lip looking down, catching her breath, recovering. Haseena acted like she had only now seen Shivani so she smiled in a surprising manner and waved. Karishma understood where the kiss came from and here she was, her silly self almost hoping it wasn't an act because that was her first kiss with Haseena and it bothered her that it meant nothing to the latter. She felt too embarrassed to admit that she hoped this to be her and Haseena's last first kiss ever.

"Is this another surprise check up, Ms.Jaiswal?" Haseena hurriedly asked wanting to let Karishma know without actually having to inform her but she was forgetting that Karishma was the detective amongst them. She didn't need such hints to figure out what was happening.

"No sorry par lagta hai hum neighbours bann gaye hai." Shivani gestured to the house right next to theirs with a friendly smile. She was dressed casually and was smiling at their display of affection. They definitely looked so much in love snogging each other like it was the end of the world. Karishma returned her smile before saying "Don't mind us hum bahoth hi passionate hai movies aur ek dusre ko lekar."

"Oh it's okay it's endearing." Shivani waved her hand and Haseena sighed in relief.

"We are moving in today aap donon ko housewarming party ke liye invite karne aayi thi-" the man Haseena had previously seen walked to Shivani's side extending his hand.

"Rajvir Jaiswal." He said shaking Haseena and then Karishma's hand respectively.

"Actually it was a gift from my husband's family so it's all a bit too sudden." Shivani almost looked like a normal unscary person without the formals she had worn the other day, her husband casually encircled his hand around her shoulder and Haseena mirrored him holding Karishma by her waist. She still felt too conscious in her presence. Karishma however distanced herself as Kiara has started crying, she carried her arms, rocking her, shushing her patiently.