six

harry

When we woke up we immediately got our weapons and bags ready. We walked out and I turned to lock the door. We then walked down the walk way, closing the gate behind us. Slowly we made our way to the small grocery store near by. Opening and closing the door as quietly as possible. As we were walking towards the food section we heard a noise. Quickly turning around there was an incurable walking past us, I grabbed Louis and dashed into a near by aisle, holding him close to my body.

I peeked my head out to see if it was gone yet and fortunately it was. We quietly walked over to the food aisle again and grabbed whatever canned or fresh food we could find. Once we had everything we needed we started walking towards the exit.

That was too easy Harry and you know that. Something's going to happen and you're going to have to leave him. They started up again.

No!

I looked towards Louis to see him triumphally walking towards the exit. I smiled to myself at how proud he seemed to be, considering our first interaction with each other didn't end very well. 

As we were walking home a twig snapped causing both of us to slowly turn around. There, stood a couple incurables, not thinking much of it we continued walking. We heard light footsteps and turned around again to be greeted by more incurables except this time all of them were looking at us. We turned around and started walking faster, hoping they weren't following us. Unfortunately not everything goes as you plan, meaning they were indeed following us. When we turned around to check again there were more and they were coming towards us faster by the minute. We broke into a sprint, trying to get back to our safe haven as fast as possible.

We reached the gate, opening and slamming it shut as fast as possible. I ran up to the porch pulling my key out and unlocking the door, waiting for Louis to get inside before slamming it shut and locking it. I looked out the side window to see them piling onto the fence. I thought it would stay and we would be fine but I was proven wrong when it started tilting.

"Shit shit shit." I mumbled to myself.

"What?" Louis asked, eyes full of worry by now.

"The fence isn't going to hold them." I told him, looking into his eyes and running a hand through my hair.

"Go get everything you have, we need to leave." I continued.

"How? They're blocking the gate." He asked me.

"There's a car in the garage with a full tank and a separate gate for the car." I explained while going to into my room to get all the bags from the closet. 

I shoved as many clothes that I could in a bag before putting my journals in. Using the next bag which is much bigger, I went into the hallway closet and put all the weapons in. I went back into my room and grabbed a pillow and blanket, taking those and the bags into the garage and packing them into the car. I ran back in to hear pounding at the door.

"Hurry up with your stuff and get the food!" I yelled at Louis.

He came running out with a bag, throwing it towards me and dashing into the kitchen to grab the remains of food. I ran back into the garage and threw his bag in the car. I ran past the kitchen and into his room to grab him a pillow. I grabbed the rest of the bags from my room and stuffed some of the books that I liked in one, I grabbed some books that I thought he would like then closed the bag up.

"C'mon lets go!" I yelled at him, watching his small frame run out of the kitchen and into the garage, leaving the door open for me. Just as I closed it the front door finally came loose.