eight

harry

As I walked over to the log that Liam was on, I put my guard back up as fast as I had let it down, I hate this guy, trying to take Louis away from me. Who does he think he is?

Someone who's trying to take him from us. Kill him, kill him now. He's begging for it. The voices told me.

So, now that someone is a threat to taking him from me, you suddenly want him? I asked them, remembering how they wanted him gone.

Kill him, he needs to die. He'll take him, and we can't have that. They said again, almost chanting.

No, he'll hate me. He'll leave, he'll think I'm a monster. I retorted.

Do it! They screamed.

I just want them gone. I want the voices gone. There's only one thing to do.

As I thought this I lunged at Liam, his eyes wide in fear.

"Wha-" He started but was cut off by my fist colliding with his face.

"What do you want with Louis?" I whispered in a deadly tone.

"N-nothing. I just thought he was hot and I've been lonely these past couple months being stuck with Luna." He was shaking under me. I loved knowing how much I could scare people, except Louis, that just upset me.

"So you're a player? You're not going to go anywhere near Louis without my permission. I'm not going to let you hurt him. He's mine so stay away or I will kill you." I whispered in the same tone as before, before pushing myself off of him. 

As he got up I walked over to the log again, smirking.

You should of killed him. They said in a sharp tone.

I will, I need him to fear me right now. I replied. They just started snickering.

"Why'd you attack me?" Liam asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Did you not listen to me?" I asked, slowly turning my head to glare at him.

"N-no, I did, it's just you could've just told me. You didn't have to attack me." He rephrased his sentence.

"Well, violence typically gets the message across to people like you." I sneered.

"If you had told me to back off him and that he was yours, I would've." He retorted.

"Fine. Back off, he's mine." I stated sharply, glaring at him and scratching my chin.

The rest of the night was spent with him cowering away from me and being consumed by their laughter.

~

It's been four hours. Some of the worst four hours of my life. Liam fell asleep when we were both supposed to stay up to watch. I - like usual - can't sleep since I'm not with Nova and I just won't let myself sleep or they'll come back. I find it strange how I can't sleep well without someone with me. When I was younger and I had nightmares I'd sleep with my sister or mum and I'd fall asleep without a problem, but when I'm alone I constantly jolt awake or I don't sleep. Sleeping alone has just been worse since I met Louis.

I'm just sitting here, staring blankly at the fire, wondering why the hell I had to be like this? Why everything that's happened to me had to happen. Why? 

I was ripped from my frustrated thoughts by a crack of a stick. Instantly I grabbed my knife, standing up slowly before looking at Liam to see if the small noise had woken him. Luckily, it didn't. As I took a step towards the noise, another crack flew through my ears, as though it were my own bone being crushed. I looked to see if anything was there, but it was still too far to see.