Lady in Waiting

The next day, Henry is in his chambers in front of his desk rereading a letter that was surely written to him by Lady Jane Seymour, the Queen's new lady-in-waiting and Henry's second object of affection

The next day, Henry is in his chambers in front of his desk rereading a letter that was surely written to him by Lady Jane Seymour, the Queen's new lady-in-waiting and Henry's second object of affection. The door to his chambers opens and Jane walks inside and immediately curtsies to Henry. "Lady Jane". Henry says as one of his grooms closes the door leaving them alone. 

"Majesty". Jane responds as she gets back up to her feet. 

Henry goes to get up from his chair but hisses at the pain in his leg and sits back down. 

"I pray you come closer". Henry says to her. Jane then walks closer to Henry. "Closer still". He says gesturing for her to come closer to him. "Here, sit on my knee". Henry says as Jane walks closer to him and takes his offered hand, "Don't be afraid". He tells her as she then sits down on his knee. Henry then begins to move his hand against her neck as he speaks to her. "I respect your honor, believe me. And in the future, I will only see you when other members of your family are present. I just had to see you now". Henry tells her. 

"Yes, Your Majesty". Jane responds quietly. 

Henry then puts his head on her shoulder. "Your favor saved my life". He says to her. 

"No..." Jane goes to deny. 

"Yes". Henry tells her. Jane then turns and looks him in his eyes. "As I lay there, your image came to me, and I awoke with this promise". Henry tells her. 

"What should I say?" Jane asks him. 

"Will you let me kiss you, Jane?" Henry asks her. Jane nods her head and Henry leans up to press a kiss to her lips and Jane accepts the kiss by closing her eyes and kissing him back as well. 

Henry then pulls away from her. "Once more". He asks her. Without giving her a chance to answer Henry pulls her into a passionate and heated kiss which Jane once again accepts. 

Anne then bursts through the door of Henry's office and immediately catches him kissing Jane. 

"Oh, my God!" She exclaims in devastation. Henry and Jane then pull away from each other and look over to see Anne breaking down. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God! What is this?" Anne asks him. 

"What is this?" Anne asks again. Jane then immediately gets up from Henry's knee and stands next to his chair. Anne then slams the door to Henry's office shut as she begins to yell at him. 

"Just when my belly is doing its business, I find you wenching with Mistress Seymour". Anne shouts as Henry gets up from his chair despite the terrible pain in his leg.