A Childhood Friend

꧁𓊈🅶🅰🅼🅱🅻🅴 🅶🅾🅳🅳🅴🆂🆂𓊉꧂

Recap:

Recap:

Huh Eli?

Author's POV:

After you had escaped from the cage, you went with the Yakuza and got involved in different types of gamble fields.

One day you went to the red light district for a few days with old boomba (the dice juggler) to have some fun and relax as a holiday after working for so long. Of course old boomba would go with the ladies there, while you being uninterested in those, went straight to the gambling area.

After all, Seth's Yakuza gang had quite a few names for themselves, one of them being the 'Wild Flukes', they have never once lost a gamble before ever since you joined them.

There seemed to be a conflict happening there as it was crowded and the onlookers murmuring incomprehensible words. You were still a kid back then so you weren't tall enough to look above people's head, however you're small enough to squeeze through between people's legs.

Pushing yourself to the front, the scene finally came clear to your vision. Your eyes widened as you see a little boy getting beatened up into pulp by some older guys, shouting at him.

"Fucking beggars, who told you to steal money from us huh?! Didn't your parents told you not to? Oh.. maybe you don't have one HAHAHAHA"

They laughed at the poor kid laying on the dirty ground.

"Tsk tsk, stray kids these days..."
(👹cooking like a chef I'm a 5 star michelin 👹)

"I know right? How disgusting."

The onlookers threw harsh comments at the badly bruised kid.

The street lights shining brightly as the atmosphere of the red light district was always a blend of vibrant energy, people laughing and music playing. However, the situation you're looking at right now contradicts it.

The next thing you knew, the grumpy man raised his fist again, attempting to beat the poor kid. You felt a rush of adrenaline as you stepped in and protected the boy with your own body by hugging him, back facing the man. Unable to stop, he still punched the side of your face after shifting the direction of his fist a little.