seven

Dasom is just finishing up eating her dinner when she gets a call from Yeonjun. 

When he asks her if she wants to go for a walk she can only respond back playfully, asking him why they always meet at strange times, was he a vampire or something? 

But deep down, Dasom would enjoy the company so she agrees to meet outside Yeonjun's apartment. 

Since it was walking they would be doing, Dasom saw it fitting to walk there instead of catching the train. 

The subway was too crowded at the best of times, especially now since it was a Friday night.

'This wasn't a date or anything right?' Pushing that thought aside, Dasom rationalises. 

It was a walk. 

They were going to walk. Together.

Dasom waits for Yeonjun in the lobby, and as she sits down and waits for him to come out from the elevators, a small cat walks by. 

A ginger with a pleasant streak of white coating its front side. 

Dasom looks around, spotting no one but the receptionist of the hotel stapling papers behind her desk. 

The cat leaps gracefully onto the desk and meows to get the lady's attention. 

She puts down her papers and gives the cat an affectionate scratch under the chin before talking to it softly. 

Dasom was too far away to hear what she was saying, but she imagined it would be something along the lines of "Yes, I'll get you your dinner right away."

When Yeonjun comes down from the elevator, he spots Dasom smiling, watching the cat, and he feels something warm tug at him inside.

"Hey. Are you ready to go?" Yeonjun asks as Dasom turns to him and stands.

Dasom looks Yeonjun over. Tucked under his left arm is a skateboard. Of course, he can skateboard, she thinks. What else can he do?

With a smile, Yeonjun holds the heavy lobby door open for Dasom as they begin to walk. 

Tall streetlights line the perfectly paved roads casing dim glows on the surrounding area.

Despite this, they could see one another relatively easily, and there were still people about.

"Dasom, tell me about yourself," Yeonjun says.

It took Dasom a minute to compose herself because she didn't actually think people ever say that. 

It's the kind of thing you would hear in a movie when two people are meeting, but not in real life.