five

The next day, Dasom woke up with a strange feeling.

Yeonjun had offered to walk her to her apartment last night since it was dark, and she had accepted.

Pulling the blanket up around her and reaching to open the curtains, letting the fresh morning light spill into the bedroom.

Making her usual way to university, her day was pretty normal and classes went fine.

As she was walking towards her favourite coffee shop, Dasom was in a good mood.

And she kinda hoped to run into Yeonjun again.

Well, it turned out he wasn't far away, only a quick message or call since they exchanged phone numbers, but she wasn't going to be the first to call.

Jake was acting strange today, for no particular reason that Dasom could think of. It wasn't his birthday or any other special date.

But he had asked her for her order like she was any other customer.

Dasom blinks, "Jake. Do I ever change my order?"

"No, but I just thought I'd ask. People change their minds all the time."

"Hmm. I'll have a mocha."

Dasom noticed as she was waiting, Jake was glancing at her occasionally.

It was just quick glances but she could swear it wasn't his usual behaviour.

The memory of running into that group from last night suddenly comes to Dasom.

The blonde hair.

Jake had blonde hair.

But no it couldn't be him, he was taller than the other guy's Dasom ran into, and his hair wasn't the same shade of blonde.

This Jake made coffee and didn't get caught up in that sort of thing.

This Jake was just... Jake the barista.

The Jake that makes Dasom's coffee every day.

He glances over while he's covered in the steam of the coffee machine and smiles. It couldn't be him.

"Do I look okay?" Dasom asks as he puts through the coffee on the cash register, as he was looking over at her more than usual.

"As beautiful as always," Jake says cheekily, his usual smile present on his face. "Enjoy the coffee!"

Jake waves Dasom out like usual but she can't help but feel Jake was acting different.