fifteen

1 week later

Dasom steps out into the street from Yeonjun's apartment building, pulling her tote bag towards her.

Dasom was beginning to think that it was time to confront Jake.

Okay, Yeonjun may have encouraged her to do so, but nevertheless, she still had to get her daily coffee fix.

Since she realised Jake was a part of the graffiti gang, she'd gone to another cafe, refusing to see him.

It was kinda silly, she knew that, but the fact he confronted her so harshly while she was walking home that night and the fact that his friends Niki and Heesung were really too cocky for their own good kept Dasom away for a whole week.

Walking into the familiar cafe, the charm on the door tinkles welcomes her.

But it was when Dasom walked up to the counter to greet Jake, she realises that things had actually changed quite a lot.

Physically, the cafe had a new coat of paint, apparent from the crisp, pungent smell of fresh paint and the windows drawn wide open to air the place out.

But apart from the physical aspects of the cafe, Dasom's inner world had changed.

She'd met Yeonjun, supported his passion to the extent of stealing his spray can and graffiting on his behalf. And getting injured in the process. Getting healed by Yeonjun in the process. Healing him a little as well.

The wind blows through Jake and Dasom's hair.

She watches him take off his cap and run a hand through his hair.

"Hey" she says, deciding to be blunt. "I've missed your coffee."

Jake really wanted to say 'I've missed you,' but he knew where they both stood.

Instead, he stated, "I've missed having my regular. What do you want? The usual?"

"Yes and to apologise."

Upon hearing Dasom's words, Jake turns around quickly from the plastic cups, almost knocking a stack down completely.

He had already begun the order and was utterly confused.

"W-why? If anything I should be apologising. I wanted to, but you haven't been here."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," he says, leaning closer across the bench.

"That's okay, you're not obliged to tell me anything about your life."

He just nods and covers his sadness.

It was upsetting to be getting up each day and being disappointed when Dasom didn't walk through the doors all day until he had to close the shop.

He was beginning to get used to it after a whole week.

"That's true," Jake agrees, "I don't have to tell you anything, but I'd like to. Because you're my customer."

Dasom just nods in agreement and waits for Jake to put through the drink.

"Are you a criminal now Jake?" she lowered her voice and asked even though they were the only two people in the shop.

He laughs, "No Dasom. They let me off on a warning."

She doesn't look at the price on the card reader because she's happy to pay for it, no matter what the cost is, if it's from Jake.

But as she looks down at her receipt as she walks out - after waving goodbye to Jake of course - she finds that it was discounted to a small despite being a large.

Dasom guessed this meant that she and Jake were on good terms.

She's still pondering over their resolved relationship, when she runs into Yeonjun.

At first she thinks it is just another painter and she side steps him.

The person was outside one of the less busier flower shops, and was painting a large mural.

It was clearly a commission that the small business had paid for as the lettering matched the company name.

A bright but soft arrangement of tulips and sunflowers among others Dasom couldn't name.

Instantly, she was brought back to Yeonjun's original sketches and she could see the immense change over his pieces.

Even since they first met, Yeonjun's pieces now had a lighter simplicity.

"Yeonjun," she walks up to him and touches his arm, "This is magnificent."

"Oh Dasom, this is the commission I was telling you about! What do you think?"

"It's fantastic, I love it," Dasom says honestly.

"I'm glad I'm glad."

The two step back to admire the work for a few seconds. He was halfway through adding more detailing on the crisp leaves and the occasional bee.

"Hey," Dasom said, suddenly raising an eyebrow, "I'll let you get back to it since you're working. But we're still on for dinner."

"Yeah yeah, I'll pick you up at six" he says with a smile as he waves her goodbye.

Dasom continues walking but turns around once to glance at Yeonjun working on the piece.

Dasom was thinking before at the coffee shop about how she was happy but she didn't know if Yeonjun was.

But looking at his smile as he looked at her, over his shoulder, spray can still in hand, she was sure he was happy also.

It was almost as if they occupied a small space of heaven, just for the two of them.

And this time it wasn't close to death, but life.

The End.