twelve

Yeonjun opened the large window in his bedroom, swinging it open, so the two could sit on the window sill.

While it opened out directly into the street and not the balcony, there was enough of a spot to sit and admire the sun that was now rising.

Dasom wraps a blanket around herself and Yeonjun joins her on the sill.

Carefully resting between them were two cups of coffee, steaming lazily.

Dasom breathes the smell in, grateful to be here beside Yeonjun.

Or rather, that Yeonjun was here beside her after his adventure this morning.

"I know this last day has been very chaotic..." Yeonjun starts. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Doing this and sitting here with you is relaxing enough," Dasom gathers the blanket around her chin.

"But more than anything, I'm just disappointed about the group. I thought they'd be better. Like sure their pieces were good. But so are your pieces. And they're not nice. But you are."

Yeonjun is pretty sure that's a compliment, and so he thanks Dasom.

He thinks more as he drinks his coffee. It did seem that the reality of the group didn't align with his expectations.

He tries really hard to convey his thoughts, but his disappointment comes out in his simple words.

"I guess it just wasn't meant to be."

Dasom looks over at him, "Sometimes that's alright though. They say you have new opportunities and all that."

Yeonjun supposed so.

He met Dasom's gaze and smiled.

Not long after, the first trickles of light began to come from the horizon.

Only then did Dasom realise how tired she was.

She closed her eyes against the warm sun, only promising to rest them.

But she could feel herself beginning to drift off into sleep after a while.

Yeonjun kept looking over at her to make sure she didn't fall asleep considering where they both were.

"Are you sleeping?" Yeonjun says teasingly.

"No" she responds quietly.

Dasom stirs and yawns a short time later, "Yeonjun, I think I'm going to take a nap."