CHAPTER 4: 20 DAYS

Daniel was a person who was burdened by responsibilities when he wasn't ready to take them, he was not a rude, pitiless man from birth, it was just the unwanted surroundings which made him cold because in business world you have to face mental tremors. Meera was bringing out the real personality which he buried unintentionally over the course of time.

His teasing, snarky mode was turned on as he stepped into her bedroom.

The bedroom was spacious, there were cream coloured sofas in front of him with a coffee table in middle, on the wall opposite to the door were ceiling to floor sliding glass doors. The bed was on his right such that the glass doors were on right side of bed, the crown of bed was huge, almost reaching the ceiling.

He saw Meera standing on the balcony cutting leaves from the pots on parapet, she hadn't changed her clothes but her hair was tied now with a hair pin, few traitorous strands were hanging and she was tucking them behind her ears.

He walked to her and stood in front of her and cleared his throat to get her attention and then said, "Easy there peaches, they didn't do anything", she turned her head towards him and saw the smug expression on him.

"You don't get a say in what I do", she was already irritated. His face was enough to make her lose her mind and this expression of his was adding to the fuel.

"Peaches--"

"And stop with your endearment, how on earth do I look like a peach to you", she cut him off for the third time.

"Don't cut me off from now on, and I will not cut you off in return", there was warning in between the lines.

"Woah, you better not interrupt me or I will break your legs", she threatened him third time in to he same day.

"What's with you and your enmity for legs?"

"Enough, where were you from last two years?", He was going to answer but she beat him to it and said, "Wait why am I even asking that, why are you here?," Again she didn't let him answer and exclaimed, "Oh wait I know, you are here to have a talk with my father, so BYE BYE FOREVER FROM ME", emphasizing the last words.

"No wifey, I am here to take you with me, to our HOME", also emphasizing 'home'.

"You wish, I am not going anywhere, not atleast with you", she replied and walked over to the other end of the balcony. Daniel followed her and again stood in front of her.

"Pack your necessities, you are coming with me, I will send my men to get the left stuff", his voice was showing his seriousness about the matter.

"I am not interested in your offer Mr. Derek", she replied with a homourless laugh.

He stepped near her, held her both arms in his hands and jerked her forward, "Look Meera, you are my wife and I am your husband, we are married, you have to be interested", he was grim on account of her reluctance.

"Why are you suddenly interested", she was confused but she knew that she was getting on his nerves so she added, "Or you signed another deal with my father".

Daniel looked serious and distressed after her opinion, he frowned and just when Meera thought that he will burst out, a smile made its way on his face, "You are trying to get under by skin, aren't you?", He also added, "Come with me and I promise I will give you anything you wish".

"I want money, a lot of money"

I am not intellect with my words
Oh my God, why don't I think before talking.

She was lost in her thoughts, scolding herself when Daniel asked

"How much?", He asked

"Umhr, may..b..be, maybe a million", Meera was trying to make him believe that she is a greedy bitch so that he will drop the idea of taking her with him but her tone was giving it away, the stuttering was enough for Daniel to get that she is lying. Daniel knew that if she was actually a greedy bitch, she must have claimed him as her husband years ago or atleast visited him for all the luxuries but she never showed up which makes it known that she ignored him like a plague.

"I will provide that for you, surely", He played along with her.

Meera eyed him and perceived that a million is nothing for him.

I should ask something bigger, something more than a million, but WHAT?

"No, I want a billion"

Great, I am a great disappointed, why God why?

"I can provide that too, don't worry peaches", He observed that she was highly unwilling to go with him and was trying every kind of excuse to shrug him off.

"I presume that those cars are yours", she was pointing towards his cars which were now parked in the estate "I like them, I want the one in the middle", she supposed that now he will resist her as the car looked new and guys have a thing for their cars.

"Consider it yours babe", he liked the sound of 'babe'.

She was startled by his replies, nothing was getting her through him, he was difficult to decode.

Meera chuckled humourlessly and give little punches on his shoulder, slowly her small chuckles turned into cries of help, "What is that you actually want, let's talk civil, ha?", She was now exhausted because of his neutral, sweet answers to her demands.

"Sure wifey, ask me whatever you want", he was happy that he was able to deplete her anger and talk normally.

"Why are you here?", Her tone was really calm and composed.

"I was here to see your father but came across you, now that you are my wife, I want to give you all the things you deserve", He sounded genuine.

"So you think I didn't deserve things from last two years?", Her voice was accusing and her eyes turned red.

"No, I never said that, honestly, I won't lie to you Meera, you were only a deal for me but now I want all of you to myself", she was silent, her mind was not forming words, so he continued, "I want this to work, our relationship to work, I was honestly a douche bag for being so late", It was hard for him to plead but he did it anyway, "Please Meera". He was looking intensely at her, memorizing each and every feature of her but only seeing was not enough for him, he wanted to feel her features, to feel her warm breaths against his skin. Not being able to resist, he pulled her to him by her waist making her gasp and raising her brown orbs to his level. She looked naive and pure to his eyes, and her fast heart rate was audible to him. He knew that she fears intimacy, maybe because she had never been intimate to a guy before or there is a spark between them making her edgy, on the edge between acceptable and offensive pushing the boundaries.

His lips trailed her jaw line and slowly slid to her ears giving a peck on her earlobe, she shudder under his lips, "Answer me baby", he said huskily and then raised one hand to the back of her head and discarded the hair pin making her hair sway in air.

"Better", with that he retracted his body and gave her a sweet dazzling smile, her breath hitched

He should warn me before smiling like that.

He pinched her cheek lightly with his fingers to get her attention, she came out of her la la land and after a deep thought of milliseconds she came to a settlement.

"Okay, I will come with you but only if I think that you are worthy enough of being a nice husband", she stated in stiffness, "And I will leave with you only after my cousin's wedding, that'll be almost in 20 days".

"Thanks peaches, and I will prove myself, trust me, start packing your bags from today in advance", he was damn confident that she will be convinced.

"We will see that", being equally confident that she will not get convinced.

"But I don't need your resistance in front of others and from today on I will keep track of your movements because you are on the mark for the world now", He wanted to introduce his wife to the world.

"I will not resist you but what about this tracking and mark, how can people possibly know our relation, ha?", She was getting anxious about being marked in what way.

"Don't get nervous darling, it's just some pictures of ours I will upload in near future", He was actually excited to that in future and kissed on her forehead and cheeks making her blush in return, " I will officially introduce you after these 20 days of yours".

"We should leave now or Amma will draw castles in the air", Meera didn't wanted to give false hope to her mother.

"I have no problem in that", He took her left hand in his right and made their way to the door.