CHAPTER 11: GOING TO TEXAS

Daniel reached the mansion and met K at the entrance, K's face was tired, he looked exhausted and sleepy but Daniel ignored him and said, "Where is Damon and Meera?"

"Damon sir is on the second floor with Rohan sir and Madam is in the warehouse", he reported.

"Take me to Meera", he commanded

"Okay sir, this way", Daniel walked through the fields on muddy ground and reached the warehouse, it was like a small hut covered with Bougainville, it looked beautiful at this time of day. The sun was setting so Daniel hurriedly looked around for Meera, she was sitting on a bench in the backyard of warehouse with a dog's head in her lap, she was caressing the dog making him purr in satisfaction.

She looked cute still wearing the black night suit and high ponytail. When she acknowledged Daniel's presence, she jerked her head in the opposite direction just how a kid does when she is upset with the person.

Daniel knew that he was late but never thought that Meera would be upset with him for such thing, he thought that she doesn't care or would be happy that he is late but surprisingly she expressed her being upset about it. Daniel walked over to her and sat on the bench making the dog to scurry away by a pat. As the dog went away Daniel took its place and rested his head on her lap, nuzzling his face in her stomach making Meera blush hard. He took hold of her hand at kept in on his head, indicating her to caress his hair too.

"I missed you babe", he said raising his hand to cup her cheek but she jerked his hand away harshly.

"Where were you?, if you don't know that when are you getting off of work then why did you gave false hope to me, I was having this sulking feeling inside me tha---", she was just going to say something before he cut her.

"Aww you care about me that much? You are soo cute", he cooed her.

"Care, what? Are you drunk, why would I care? I was talking about my job application, the company should have replied by now but they haven't, I wanted to talk to you about it and you were late. Mom taunted me continuously from morning, Riya is behaving like a bitch to me, I don't know what is wrong with her but the point is everything is going wrong, finally you said that you would be here by six but you didn't show up either, dad is like a snake in my life, he never..........", She went on and on with her blabbering unknowingly caressing Daniel's hair, the caress relaxed him.

Her cute sight was enough for Daniel's exhaustion to fade away, she was tensed at the moment and Daniel listened to her every word, her words showed that she also care about her mother's indifferent behaviour, she cares about her dad's opinion, Riya's behaviour does affects her but she just don't show it to anybody but here she opened her heart to Daniel, he felt special to hear her inner voice which was like a normal girl waiting for her father's approval, her mother's love, her sister's silent support. She ended her story with a groan and rested her forehead on Daniel's head, smelling his intoxicating smell relaxing her nerves.

"I am going to Texas for some work", Daniel said out of the blue.

"WHAT?", Meera yelled near his ear and stood up leaving him on the bench.

"Look, it's important but if you need me remember I am just one call away or a message away, I will fly back like a peregrine", he chuckled.

"What's a peregrine?", Meera questioned.

"It's the fastest bird, wifey", he pinched her cheek lovingly.

"Woah, I am increasing my general knowledge in your shadow", she chuckled.

He smiled softly at her and said, "I will badly miss these small laughs of yours", he side cupped her cheeks and kissed her temple, "let's go my coy doll", he held her hand and interwined their fingers.

They walked all the way to the mansion where Damon was in the garden with Rohan and they waved their hands at Daniel and Meera from afar. Daniel greeted Rohan and said to Damon, "So, how was your day with your sister-in-law?"

"It was great, they both are a nice company to be with", he referred to the siblings.

"Hey are you okay?", Rohan asked Meera with concern.

"Yep, what makes you think that I am not okay?", She composed herself.

"I just know it after seeing your face", Rohan rested his arm on her shoulder and shook her.

Daniel noticed that how Meera and Rohan share a better bond than Rohan and Riya, she mentioned about it before in texts. He knew that he will take care of her while he is gone therefore he only acknowledged Rohan in the house.

"You know what brother, Meera taught me a word in her language, bhabhi, it means sister-in-law", he said excitedly.

"Aww, what do you call husband in your language wifey?", He teasingly poked her.

She Replied, "Something I will never call you", She sarcastically laughed, pointing her finger at him.

"Okay, just tell me what do you call wife in that language?", He negotiated.

"Biwi", she replied.

"Wow, I like this word", he walked her towards the cars and said again, "Bye, biwi, now give me a cute smile", he held her chin lightly and made her look him in the eyes.

"Smile peaches", he fake glared at her and a small smile broke on her face, "I will be back in three days, that's Saturday night, we can spend whole Sunday together, I will not be late this time", he said.

"I will check my schedule and I will break your legs if you will be late", she warned.

"Chill wifey, I know you hate legs but spare your big bulky husband", he started to show his biceps through the white shirt.

"Huh! I have seen better", she lied as Daniel was the most muscular man in her life, she really was petite in front of him.

"In magazines maybe but this magazine material is exclusively for you", he referred to himself and snaked his arms around her waist, plastering their front and said, "I hope you still remember the tradition?", He was talking about the kisses they shared twice before.

"Your beard pricks my cheeks", she rubbed her cheeks, her expressions reflecting the pricking pain.

"I am sure that it doesn't hurt that much because I have to do it now", he grabbed her chin again and kissed her cheeks for good ten seconds and pressed her lips on his cheek too and this time she did pecked lightly. He felt euphoric and victorious, at that second he didn't want to leave her behind instead take her to Texas along with him but he knew that it would be a waste, he was going to be busy, completely packed up so he dropped the idea sadly.

"Bye", he whispered and sat in the car.

"Byeee, see ya", she replied, departing him happily.

She stood at the gate for some minutes and gave a thought to her opinion about Daniel, he did listened to her every blabber quietly and didn't asked her about it later maybe because he doesn't wanted her to feel embarrassed and people with personality like her don't want to look helpless in front of anybody. They don't want anyone to give them the pity look. Her approach was changing but still she was afraid to let someone enter in her inner circle, the circle which was very smell presently, which was once filled by people of no remorse or guilty conscience for using the circle for their own mean reasons. She wants to take the risk to let Daniel inside the circle.