CHAPTER 9: SISTER-IN-LAW?

"He is not back yet", F informed Daniel after sending the message to Damon four hours ago. Daniel thought that if F will message Damon 'Be back home by seven, it's an emergency' . He would come home running but here Daniel was waiting for his brother since six, he was preparing himself for a speech to forgive Damon but his rotten spoilt sibling was not back yet.

It was 9'O clock and Damon decided to show up that too with a girl, the girl's dress was skimpy and her face was caked up with makeup, she was definitely one of his one-night stand.

Damon saw Daniel on the sofa looking between him and the girl. Daniel cleared his throat and stood up from the sofa.

"I need to talk to you", he said and walked up the stairs to the living room on first floor.

Damon was surprised that his brother just talked to him, he was expecting that he have to wait for a month to hear his voice but here he was talking to Damon and that too not in a grumpy or angry tone.

"I am going to be busy, go home", he said to the girl.

"WHAT, you are going to stand me up?", she was offended.

"Yes, now leave, ask any of the drivers outside to drop you", his face was blank just like Daniel, so the girl scampered away.

Damon made his way to the living room knowing his brother's favourite spot. Daniel was standing on the balcony looking at the starry sky with his hands in pocket.

"Yes bro, what do you need to talk about?", Damon asked in very calm tone.

"Sorry", Daniel said and looked directly into his eyes.

"What?.......Why?", He was shocked is an understatement, he knew that he had to apologise for his mistake and expected Daniel to ask for an apology and forgive him but the tables are turned, Daniel apologized out of nowhere.

"Look Damon, listen carefully, I am sorry for forcing you into something you hate, I want you to share your thoughts with me, be a brother who knows that no matter what I will always be there for him, I will get you out of every problem, you tell me almost everything, from your hook-ups name to you underwear brand", they both chuckled and Daniel continued, "I thought that the business was best for you, for your future but I was wrong. I want you to know that I am supporting you, if you don't want to be a businessman you can do whatever you wish that ensures a secure future, I can tell anyone that you are close to me only if I go through your up and downs accompanying you. I will not ignore you now, not for the mistakes you are bound to make at this age as a human", Daniel held both his shoulders and said, "I will never disappoint you".

Damon smiled and hugged him but Daniel didn't hug him back and said, "You are such a girl", he joked.

"And this girl loves you", Damon said in a girly tone

"Are you sure about being a man and not something in between, I assure you I can support there too", Daniel quipped.

"I love his Daniel not the grumpy ignoring cat", Damon backed and laughed.

"You are second person to call me grumpy and cat today", he realised.

"Who dared to talk to you like that", Damon raised his eyebrows questionably.

"F texted you but you didn't show up, what was the matter?", Daniel diverted the topic and asked about the message.

"Yep, I saw that and ignored it", he said coolly.

"Why?", Daniel raised his eyebrow now

"If it's not related to you then it's not important", he simply said raising shoulders.