CHAPTER 7: CLOSE Or close

Daniel reached the Chauhan mansion at 8'O clock and the gaurds let him through without any security check.

He entered the house from the front door and went straight for the stairs, there was Meera's mother, sitting with Riya and her mother, they looked at Daniel and stood up abruptly to greet him but he coldly asked, "Where is Meera?", Their faces dropped and disappointment was stamped on it.

"She is still sleeping, she never gets up before 10", Riya tone was mocking and this didn't go unnoticed by Daniel, "Let's have breakfast together Daniel", she said and added, "Can I call you Daniel?".

Both the mothers were tongue tied as their husbands made it clear that they were ignoring Daniel. So, Riya was the one carrying on with the conversation.

"I have already had my breakfast, I was here only to see Meera before office", he replied clearly not wanting Riya to call him Daniel, "Mr. Derek would be fine", and he strolled to the stairs.

Riya felt embarrassed by his cold shoulder but masked it up immediately. She then went to her room to fix herself.

Daniel reached near her door and K was standing there greeting him with a nod.

He knocked on the door but got nothing from the other side, he was continuously knocking but she didn't opened the door.

K said, "Sir, the door is open".

"And you are saying this now, idiot", he entered the dimly lit room and walked over to the left side of bed, Meera was sleeping on her left shoulder with her arms streched forward, sprawled on the pillow she was snuggling. Meera was in deep sleep and her this peaceful form was calming sight, she was taking slow and deep even breaths, and her hair was spread all across her pillow.

Daniel sat beside her and took the pillow out of her grip, he then brushed his fingers through her locks, massaging her scalp lovingly. She moaned in pleasure and took hold of his hand and placed it at her nape, "Massage there, it's hurting", her voice was sleepy when she did it.

Daniel crouched down, his lips were touching her ear, "Sure highness", he whispered huskily.

Meera got alerted and raised her head with the speed of lighting bolt, her head collided with his nose and she stood up on the bed. Daniel was rubbing his nose due to the pain and Meera got a head rush because of standing too fast. She slipped from the bed and fell from the opposite side of Daniel.

"Ow Ow Ow", she was standing up by taking support from the nightstand.

When she stood up she narrowed her eyes on Daniel who was laughing loudly on her fall, pointing his finger towards her.

"What are you doing here this early?", she was irritated because of interrupted sleep.

"I was here to see you before office, I was feeling down so to light up my day I wanted too have a look at my wifey", he had a mouth splitting smile on his face making Meera get creeped out.

"You are a creep", she pointed her finger towards him in accusatory manner.

"No I am not, what is wrong in seeing your wife before going to office, what is wrong in getting a goodbye kiss from your wife"

"Now you are definitely a creep"

"Why, tell me", he questioned being fake curious to make her spill.

"You sneaked into my room, sat on my bed, gave me a massage and almost k..kis...kissed my ear", she stuttered due to shyness.

"Oh, yeah I kissed your ear, now you have to return the favour peaches", He smugly smiled resting his face on his fist with the elbow on his thigh trying to look cute. He actually was looking cute.