CHAPTER 12: IT IS PAINING ALL OVER

The day seemed to be lengthy from Meera's point of view, she was feeling like the most idle person on the face of the earth, since Daniel left for Texas he haven't texted her even once, not even those good mornings or good nights. She restrained herself from texting first as she initiated the conversation last time too.

She looked at her phone like it's Daniel and started to give small punches on its screen, "Idiot, jerk, lier, you don't consider me anything, you are just like Dad, a selfish prick, urgh", she threw the phone on the sofa which landed smoothly on it, not causing any scratches.

Even Rohan was not home, ever since she introduced Damon with him, he decided to attend college and hang out with Damon after college, it was Thursday evening and after a day long idleness, she was feeling restlessness, she had no energy to move a finger, she deduced that it must be fever and exhaustion took her in the dreamland.

She slept without any blanket over her and the AC was also turned on, for the last time before she would slip into deep slumber, she checked her phone with extremely narrowed eyes, there was not even a single text or call from anyone, even her friends haven't called her once, feeling like the loneliest person on earth Meera slept.

Someone was knocking on the door consistently since last few minutes, Meera knew it but had no energy to answer, after her frustration limited, she answered, "Who is there?", Her voice was groggy.

"Madam, it's me K, it's afternoon and you haven't woken up, I just wanted to check up on you", K was exhausted too but the job was his priority.

"Oh my god, K come in please", she said sitting on the bed, fixing her hair and the bedsheet on her body.

K entered and his eyes stationed at the sick-faced Meera, she looked extremely pale and weak, K panicked and questioned, "What's wrong madam, what can I do for you?".

"I guess it's fever, get me a blanket from almirah please", she directed him towards the almirah.

"Sure, madam but I think you should visit a doctor or I will call a doctor", he was taking his phone out of his pocket but Meera stopped him.

"There is no need for that, I am hungry, tell any of the maids to cook chicken soup for me", she said

"Okay madam, I will get a thermometer too", K was getting anxious about her state as no one in the house even came to check up on her not even her mother.

K returned after fifteen minutes with the soup and thermometer and found Meera lying on the bed eyes closed. He felt protective of her and decided to take the step.

He woke her up and handed the soup bowl to Meera, she looked at him and said, "Thanks K, it means a lot to me", her eyes were teary, her whole body was aching and she had unbearable pain in head, she appreciated how K took care of her with genuineness.

In a famous restaurant in Texas Daniel was sitting with other associates of his discussing their progress on a project. Daniel hadn't slept last night because he wanted to finish his work as soon as possible, return to his family. He was worn out and just wanted a nap, he concluded the meeting and was about to stand up that his phone buzzed, he took out the phone in excitement for he thought that it would be Meera but it was K, the message says that Meera is having high fever and she is not letting him get a doctor. Daniel skipped through the restaurant, went in the car and reached the hotel, he was worried about her wellbeing, he cursed himself under his breath.

He took out his phone and made a call, "I need to fly back now, get ready".

Daniel reached the city at 5:00 a.m on Saturday morning, he directly drove to the Chauhan estate, he got a message from K that she is still running hot. The mansion was dimly lit, the sun hadn't rose yet so everyone was sleeping except K and Meera, she had slept through the day and now it was paining like hell.