Chapter 2

Chapter 2: The Arrival

Days flowed by, a stream of classes, homework, and shared laughter with my friends. We navigated the halls of seventh grade together, our bond growing stronger with each passing day. Yet, beneath the surface of our camaraderie, a sense of disquiet lingered, a whisper of change on the horizon.

Then, on a seemingly ordinary morning, the winds of change swept through the cafeteria.

My eyes scanned the familiar faces as I entered, searching for Lily, Emily, and Chloe. But instead of their welcoming smiles, my gaze landed on a new figure at our table. Sage sat there, her presence like a ripple in the calm waters of our friendship.

Sage's shoulder-length blond hair, tinged with faded pink dye, caught the light as she turned to greet me, her ocean-gray eyes sparkling with an enigmatic charm. I felt a pang of apprehension as I took in her confident demeanor, sensing that her arrival would mark a turning point in our group dynamics.

Lily beckoned me over, her expression bright with excitement, oblivious to the storm brewing within me. With a heavy heart, I joined them at the table, my smile masking the turmoil churning beneath the surface. Little did I know, Sage's arrival was the harbinger of challenges yet to come, threatening to disrupt the fragile equilibrium of our friendship circle.