Stable Hand 4/5

A/N: Took a nap earlier so I finally have the energy (and time) to write!

Queen Adrianna and King Fergus were known to be strict rulers. Those who broke the laws were evaluated and then punished accordingly. There was no such thing as 'mercy' to them. That was how it always had been.

To their children, Gaston, Adela and Ash, they had always shown a softer side. They tried their best to make up for their unavailability through special one-on-one time and hand picked gifts. Despite their busy schedules, they still knew all of their children very well. That's why it was so easy to pick up on a sudden shift in behavior in all three children.

Their carefree, bickering children had gone quiet. They were more jumpy now and on the edge of their seats. They would disappear for hours on end and each time they returned they would whisper to one another. Gaston was always quiet. Adela was always angry. Ash was always smirking. 

Eventually, they both decided that they needed to see what was going on. Hopefully, whatever their children were hiding was safe. 

˚˖°.𓃗⊹ ࣪ ˖

His children were a lot less stealthy then they thought they were, King Fergus decided. He'd narrowed down where they'd been running away to, a guest room in the west wing. The west wing was hardly ever used during the winter as it was purely for guest suites. 

Currently, all three of them were with their mother for a mandatory lunch together. She was tasked with distracting them for at least 15 minutes so he could see exactly what was up. 

It was behind an unassuming door that he discovered you. A child, eyes hazy with fever, laying delicately among the fine sheets. It was clear you were someone precious to his children, though he had no idea who you were. 

Your eyes seemed to accept him as just another part of the room. It wasn't until he removed the cooling cloth from your forehead did you realize it wasn't some hallucination from a fever dream. He placed a gentle hand on your forehead, frowning as he felt how high your fever was.

While he loved his children, they weren't always the smartest. If they had just told him he could've called a physician for you. Who knows how long you'd been sick for already?

You let out a groan when he picked you up. He could tell you were shivering under the too big clothes you were wearing. In fact, he recognized them as an old pair of nightclothes Ash had outgrown.

While the guest suites had nice beds, they were made for the summer in particular. There was no fire place or heavy blankets.

Fergus had to admit that when you gently gripped onto his shirt, looking up at him with those hazy eyes, he fell in love with you. You just seemed to be the sweetest little child he'd ever met. He loved his children, but none of them had ever been this sweet. Adela had her mother's temper and was always picking fights. Gaston was arrogant to a majority of people. Ash preferred solitude and hardly ever left the palace library. 

None of them had ever sought him for comfort like you did now.

He heard the door to the room open, but instead of one of his children, Adrianna walked in. She instantly walked over, looking over your shivering figure. 

"A child?" She asked. "They don't seem to be doing too well."

"My thoughts exactly. I was going to move them to the east wing and call for a physician. We need to talk to the children about this though." Fergus said. Adrianna sighed, shaking her head fondly.

"Those kids... I'll wait for them here. You go bring them somewhere they'll actually recover."

Fergus nodded, carrying you away towards the east wing. The family wing.

˚˖°.𓃗⊹ ࣪ ˖

Adrianna sighed as she gently ran a hand down your face. Fergus was outside, talking to the children while they all awaited the physician. 

Every time her cool fingers brushed against your forehead you let out the cutest little noises. You were barely awake now that you were warm. She smiled as she brushed some hair away from your face.

She could see why they had all become so enamored with you. There was just something about you, an enticing pull. Once the physician got here, maybe it wouldn't be too bad to suggest you staying with them for the foreseeable future...