Who Are You

Darling POV

"The guy you met in the limousine?" Mai questions me as she brushes through my hair.

"Unfortunately yes.."

I haven't spoken to Seto Kaiba since that day. Not that it matters but still it's been about a week and I just finished filming the advertisement. I decided to stick around with Mai for about another month or so to stick around for the tournament since it's stated in the contract. The new director seemed more concerned about Kaiba and scared to end up like the last director.

It all went well and if planned my commercial should be up by tomorrow. There's just one thing on my mind that day..

Seto Kaiba I can't seem to put my finger on it but he reminded me of an old memory.. what memory I can barely remember what happened before I got adopted.. maybe it's Deja vu...

"Yikes.." she says before going through another layer of my hair "I mean who cares now you'll be on tv soon across the country and your going to promote if not one of the biggest tournaments ever.."

"Remember not to tell anyone about it yet, don't go blabbing to your friends about first dibs" I look up at her before she grabs my head before pushing it down "ouch!!"

"Oh please.. just think in about a week I'll be entering in one of the biggest tournaments and you'll be my right hand woman!!" Looking at her facial expression she looks thrilled.

"Can't wait to rub it in into Wheeler's face" before a small tint on blushes arouses from her cheeks.

"Will I meet this mystery guy.. Wheeler?"

"Oh hush" she continues to tame my hair before backing up "yeah I think they'll like you those guys.." she stays quiet.

Her friends.. I wish I can have the same friends she seems to talk about over and over again. Watching as they duel for the crown seems exhilarating. With my schedule I'm surprised my mom slipped me into something like this into my schedule. I'll make sure to make the most of it, maybe this is a chance to get out of my comfort zone and be more productive like Mai.

"Your planning to stare at me all day?" Mai raises her eyebrow waking me up.

I shake my head before looking straight ahead watching myself in the mirror "let's make this the best advertisement of all time!"

~~~ 1 week later

Seto POV

The Advertisement

Darling walks towards the camera "playtime is over it's time to duel!" she says as she's wearing the dueling disk before activating it.

"What are you doing are you just going to lay in bed all day or get out and battle in Seto Kaiba new battle city tournament coming near you!" She says intimidating before cutting to a screen filled with myself explaining the invitations to the world.

Darling raises the invitation between her fingertips staring straight to the camera smirking "You know what to do only the strong will survive if you don't got what it takes to be the strongest duelist in the world.. then don't bother showing up."

"Well?"

I raise my eyebrow looking over to one of my secretaries who looks unprepared as always.

"Well.. Stock have been rising all week long since the release of the ad and so far the public opinion has been positive" he hands me a sheet full of comments as well articles titles.

"Darling bringing back Duel Monster?"
"Darling, never thought she would be interested in such things like duel monster. Makes me wanna try it."
"Just grabbed my duel disk, I'll like Darling to join in on the competition."
"Can't think of a better person than Darling to promote duel monsters. Sign me up."
"She's hot!"

"That skinny little brat I got to hand it to her, never thought I would say something about that.." looking up to my secretary he clears his throat before beginning to talk again.

"Did you manage to find out anything about her?"

"She's the only child to Sumin and Vince Valentine. Both her parents are successful entrepreneurs with a net worth of 1 billion dollars combined. Darling Valentine became a really successful child star both acting and modeling mainly in the United States , and France. Darling recently came back to Japan for the audition you offered her and might stay till the end of the month just until the tournament ends. She's also one of the most paid models around the world so she has gigs from left to right."

"Anything on her being adopted?"

"According to her profile she was adopted a while back apparently her parents were having trouble conceiving so tried to adopt a child and that's where she comes in. I couldn't find anything on the adoption center she was adopted at-"

"Excuse me I pay you to look for that information. What do you mean you couldn't find out anything!?"

"It was wiped from existence sir. Assuming her parents are trying to hide that fact from her." He clears his throat waiting for my response.

"Her parents? Maybe trying to hide her from the existence of knowing that place. Any other information?"

"No-

"Then you're free to leave" I sigh heavily.

(Y/n) is that you under that mask? No-

It's almost like she didn't even know me, maybe it's coincidence that she's adopted as well. Researching more about her I look up old interviews about her.

"And no welcome back to the number show in Japan. We have today a guest that everyone has been talking about and raving about for the past week. And one of the most successful models around the world Darling!"

My eyes wander to the television.

"She's everywhere" I mutter softly annoyed.

"Darling come here! Come here!" Darling walks over to the host shaking his hand before sitting down.

"So?"

The audience laughs "so?" She raises her eyebrow before the stupid audience laughs again.

"You're right now one of the most talked person right now in Japan. And it's all because you came out with that advertisement. How was it?"

"Well.." the crowd laughs.

"Let me change the question up and instead ask how was it working with the man Seto Kaiba?"

"He was quite something.."

"Meaning?"

"I'm joking I mean I hardly saw him and when we did meet we exchanged greetings. The whole crew was so nice and I want to thank them for the great experience. Couldn't ask for a better experience for such a once in a lifetime opportunity." She says cheerfully. Guess she knows how to woo a crowd.

"Great! Great so moving on let's answer some questions from the audience shall we?" She nods then soon fans began to ask away.

"What's your favorite hobbies during your free time?"
"Free time? Man I don't remember last time having that but even so I do enjoy duel monsters as well as Art."

Art?

"Excellent.. all you fans learning a new thing about Darling .. alright on to the next question-"

(Y/n) is that you!?