Lost Memories

A/n
I will skip the big5, Seto Kaiba daddy issues arc (to me the worst most boring arc of all time). And pretend it never happened. It's the next day. I will brief skip the last part of the arc and getting a bit more romance/ showing more of protagonist side quests like her modeling, memory issues back on track. Would like to finish this story in 30 chapters or less give or take. Noah's arc pisses me of lol.

(Y/n) / Darling pov

"Kaiba wants me to host the last part?"

"Ooooh" everyone gasps looking over to me.

"Sir Kaiba wanted me to personally tell you. He insists since your one of the spokesperson for this tournament. It will of course be live for everyone to see as well as a payment of some sort" he bows down one of his goons.

"Sound so cool. I wouldn't mind seeing that" Serenity says.

"A chance to beat Kaiba on live tv sounds like a dream of mine" Joey yells.

"Of course are you comfortable doing this?" Téa says.

"I-I don't mind at all sounds like a great opportunity but my cousin-

"We will have all guards and first aid staff on standby, while you all enjoy the final 3 matches" he assures me.

Seto Kaiba you sure are a weird one.. all of a sudden he wants me to do this. Still doesn't sound to bad.. it can ease my mind while I wait for Mai's recovery.

"Okay"

"Live tv sounds great!" Tristan says

"Nobody wants to see your mug" Duke nudges Tristan before they start bickering again.

"Here are some of the lines you must read off the script such as introduction. The first match will start at noon with Kaiba and Yugi" I nod looking down at the cue cards I can't help but think what's his reason for me to do this?

~~

"Introducing the greatest duelist in Japan?" Reading the cue cards I begin to chuckle "does he think I'll actual read these lines!?"

"I'm not paying you to sass talk about me behind my back!" Kaiba exclaims.

Looking behind me I sigh "who wrote these!?" I say.

"I did! Stop complaining aren't you a bit grateful for what I have done for you and the others?"

"I am.. thank you" I say looking out the window of the blimp. As we slowly move in the sky the air fills with silence.

"You should stop moaning around you know. Your cousin won't get better until I have something to do about it!!"

Staring at him a far I can't help but feel relief. Can't tell if his acting his usual self or-

"And you what are you going to do about it?" I place my hand on my hip curious on his answer.

"Don't ask such an obvious question. I'll win of course so you better-" he sighs "just make me look to the public.. I'm not winning for you remember? Once I've achieve my goal of owning the ultimate deck.. no one will ever look down on me."

"Stop being a push over and fight the bullies back!!"

I shake off the voices I hear in my head.. his words sounds like an old voice I once knew ,but damn my brain doesn't work well remembering then..

"You still don't remember do you?" He says bluntly soon walking towards me looking down at me.

"What do y-you mean? What do you know that I don't" I demand looking down to me he shakes his head. Gripping his jacket pulling him closer he places his hand onto mines.